Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
kick off
kick off
P
I think I know who you're talking about now...He didn't impress me at all when Irmo squeaked out a 1-0 win over Fort Mill in the playoffs. Chris Larson of FM blew by the Irmo defense but missed a WIDE open shot. That said, Irmo looks to be improved this year judging from the Lake Murray results. I haven't watched Irmo while looking for Lynch but none of their defenders struck me as someone who could stop Enzo. That's great if he's committed to USC but you're saying that like Enzo won't go wherever he wants to college for soccer.

corner kick
corner kick
Vapor006,
I want to respond to your Northwestern/Chapin bashing. First, by saying that "Northwestern choked", you are taking a great deal of deserved credit away from Chapin. They played a very good game in defeating Northwestern. Both teams played with a great deal of heart, intensity, and skill. All 3 goals scored in the game were high quality, no cheap ones. In no way did Northwestern "choke", they were simply defeated in this particular game. It happens to the best of teams. If you were any kind of athlete you would have probably learned that lesson by now. I believe if you look back to Northwestern's 2006 AAAA State Championship you will see that they lost to AAA Dreher in the Lake Murray Challenge and that didn't appear to have any negative effect on their successful season. This year I am confident that the will regroup and have yet another successful season.
Your Enzo bashing is absurd. If you knew Enzo at all, you would know that not only is he an excellent player, but a better person. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and is well within their rights to express them on this or any other message board. However, my only issue with you, Vapor006, calling Enzo out is that you do so under the cowardly disguise of your screen name. If you weren't such a punk, you would write you opinion and sign your name to it!
Let me give you some statistics about Enzo Martinez:
In his first two seasons of high school soccer he was AAAA Player of the year as a Freshman and Gatorade Player of the year as a Sophomore. He scored 93 goals and had 47 assists in those two seasons. If he stays anywhere near his current pace he will destroy Kyle Izzard's SC record for most goals in a career (141). In Enzo's 1st 2 seasons, he scored 1 goal in games vs very quality opponents: Spring Valley, Fort Mill, Christian Brothers (TN), Lexington, Mauldin, Irmo, Ben Lippen, Eastside, Socastee, Summerville, Daniel, and Cardinal Newman. He scored 2 goals in games vs: Dutch Fork, Pinewood Prep, and Fort Mill. He scored 3 goals in games vs: Dutch Fork, TL Hannah, Farragut (TN), and Greenwood. He also scored 5 goals vs: Brookland Cayce.
If you would like me to go on, I can.
In summary, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Boards like these are great for scores and friendly banter. Some of you, vapor06, take things too far and make personal attacks. In the future, I would ask that if you wish to attack someone that you be man enough to sign your name to you opinion.

Sincerely,
Ozzie Ahl

world cup
world cup
.....and lay off of Danny Cates as well.

He's got solid credentials too.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Vapor,
NW was missing Alex Martinez who got a double yellow in the previous match and also Zach Clark, who is possible one of the hardest tacklers in the state as well as being very very skilled, due to an injury. Cody Parks is also a key substitute or potential starter who did not play due to an injury from wrestling season. Shawn Ferguson was not even supposed to play this weekend but due to Alex's red he had to even though he has been suffering from an injury as well. So in no way did NW choke. They did lose. The two goals chapin scored were unbelievable and would have been scored on any keeper, both were well striken upper ninety shots. As far as Enzo, he scored one goal and could of had more. Out of the 9 goals NW scored this weekend, Enzo scored 8. In the end after all the cards were played Chapin ended up on top and congrats to them they deserved it. So before you go about bashing NW and its players, do some research son.

Last edited by sG; 02/25/08 05:27 PM.

One Time!
sG #94995 02/25/08 05:47 PM
goal
goal
Vapor, you sir a a joke and a complete moron. First off, as sG said, Northwestern was missing key players. Secondly, Chapin played their butts off and got a great win. And finally, are you seriously saying Enzo can't go one on one with some of the best defenders in state?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WOW! He only helped Northwestern beat Irmo, Dutch Fork, and Lexington last season and they each had one of the best/top defenders in state. Enzo also scored 6 or 7 goals in the LMC in the three games played. You are entitled to your opinion but do not bash players when you won't even reveal yourself you pap.

And the worse part is Enzo is one of the most genuine, nicest young men anyone could ever meet.

Last edited by The Real Henry; 02/25/08 05:58 PM.
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Man oh Man.......and we're not even out of February yet. This is what I was missing in December and January.

goal
goal
And didn't Northwestern beat Irmo 6-1 this past season in the LMC?? Until they meet again, Northwestern has the edge.

kick off
kick off
I seem to recall a close NW vs. Lexington game last year in the Palmetto Cup. 3-2 in NW favor, and when they played again a 4-0 win for NW in the play-offs. All I am saying is that they would be the last team I would want to face in the play-offs.

Goal
Goal
Don't worry NSHXCOACH Vapor can't respond because his Intro to Typing 9th grade class is over for the day.

S
bench
bench
S

Nicely put coach.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard