Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Psych 101 – “Trash Talk” … disparaging, taunting, or boastful comments often between opponents trying to intimidate each other. The act of calling one out to engage in verbal nonsense. AKA “psych out” … to get into the mind of ones foe.

Score one for Vapor0006

A 9th grade typing student has won the battle of “trash talk” over all those who have engaged him. He doesn’t have to be right, he doesn’t have to be friendly, he doesn’t have to sign his name… his only goal is to see who will take him up on his nonsense. Wow, what big fish he caught! Even the coach got caught up in defending his team and his player (which everyone in South Carolina knows the quality soccer program of Northwestern and Enzo’s outstanding abilities and character) and yet, the coach got down in the gutter of trash talk with name calling… “punk”. It does not justify trash talk to sign ones name to the act. An adult does not become classier than the student by engaging in the trash and signing their name to it.

Even CornerFlag said the post was a joke, and Hurst said for Vapor006 to go under his rock… but 30 posts later this nonsense continues. When one engages in trash talk… they too can become givers of trash.

So, if any of you are truly of high character, you will apologize for anything you personally said that was not appropriate.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Quote:

i agree about cates but you didn't say anything about lynch.. quit being enzo's fan boy and just admit there are defenders in the state that could shut him down.

Give Enzo his due. I can remember 5-6 months ago and turning on Fox Soccer Channel one afternoon and seeing him hold his own pretty well down in Bradenton Florida with some of the best in the world at his age. SC is making strides across the board as is seen by the number of kids now going to play college ball. Look at USC's roster from 10 years ago and look now - I will tell you without looking it has more in state players now. Rather than beating down guys like Enzo we should be thankful they are all putting us on the map.

-
kick off
kick off
-
enzo is sick. i saw jess mackey shut enzo down completely for almost an entire match & enzo capitalize on a mistake. so yeah there are some defenders who can shut him down for a while but that opens up everyone else when your attention is on enzo & when you make a mistake hes gonna hurt u

- #95004 02/25/08 09:35 PM
S
throw in
throw in
S
Northwestern didnt choke, your kinda making it seem like Chapin is a bad team which they are not. it is a pre-season tourney its not the championship game, this tournament tells you nothing about how your gonna do in the regular season it just tells you what you need to work on.

C
kick off
kick off
C
okay after reading these threads, theres some things i have to say. personally knowing vapor tells me plenty of things. first off, he does believe enzo is the best player in the state, as do i. what it appears he was trying to state, is that northwestern rely way too much on enzo in the game. ive seen the guy play, and contrary to popular belief, he can be marked out of a game. it happens. secondly, his overwhelming success in the past was due to him having awesome support players helping him out. i seriously doubt his attacking stats will be anywhere near the level they've been near. now, i know hes scored lots of goals already this year, but only a few have been against quality competition. thats not to take anything away from him scoring lots of goals in the first place, im just saying. third, that 6-1 win for northwestern last year had a 1-1 tie at halftime...until irmos keeper got into it with kropp. then, things went down hill. having seen both teams play this year, i can ASSURE you that scoreline wont be repeated. northwesterns nowhere near as good as theyre being made out to me. you take enzo out the game, that teams done. again, thats not saying there arent other quality players on that team. because there are many.

and to that post about northwestern losing to chapin because alex wasnt in the game. absurd. chapin didnt have joey. wheres the excuse now? oh, yea the injuries. hmm, could it be theres no reliable depth to that team. hmm. during the semifinal against dutch fork, one of irmos top midfielders, recevied a minor concussion and missed most of the game. but because of their depth came away with a win that in which the score was no where near indicative of the scoreline. in the final against chapin, one of irmos forwards received a fracture in his arm, and came out of the game. irmo responded with two goals in 5 minutes. oh yea, and the second best defender behind daniel lynch mightve played all of five minutes yesterday. yea, so theres your injuries.

and i wholeheartedly agree that enzo is a phenomenal player. ive stated that before. i think he could work on not flopping everytime somebody grazes him, but thats just me. or even stopping the whole 'let me flick it like im soccer god all the way to my team mate twenty yards away' and falling flat on his face and looking foolish thing, but different strokes for different folks i guess.

and to those people who think that somebody needs to sign there name to bash somebody, think again. vapor happens to be one of the top players in the southeast region. is he enzo good? no. but we cant all be enzo good. 'personal attacks' on other players? please. respectfully, i ask that you people stop whining. the man has an opinion, nothing more. its just like some of you people who whine and make cracks about the president or whoever you please. im quite sure you people dont sign your names on letters to those people. so your idiotic ideology fails here. sorry, please play again later.

oh, and a few more things. there are defenders in this state that can cause enzo trouble, believe me. yes, he did face many a good defense before. but common sense tells us--'wait, soccers a TEAM game. which means TEAM defense.' only garbage teams defend one on one. you defend as a TEAM. so that excuse is also invalid. unless youre implying that enzo must be better than a team defense. umm....no.

lastly, that comment a few pages back where someone mentioned some of the top players in the world was a joke. i dont even think the concept is the same. 'leave cates alone?' really? his credentials dont mean a thing to me. he wasnt even the best player on that field against irmo during the semifinal. what a joke. he got layed flat on his rear end several times. and i mean he got LAYED OUT. and he got a red card, that classless clownshow.

and no guys, dont bash me for not leaving my name. i dont profess to be better than either enzo or cates. im just relaying what ive seen through close observation, and from playing on the field. if you would like bash vapor or myself for any reason, by all means go ahead.

at least we wont whine about it.

goal
goal
citiesangel3, you too are a moron then. Why do you have to defend your boyfriend like that? He should not run his mouth about quality teams and players when nobody has any idea who that clown even is. Same for you buddy.

And why are you bashing on Enzo? When does he do these "flicks to players 20 yards away"? I have seen him do these things only once or twice and I see no problem with it. And once again, you are an idiot.

And to say without Enzo Northwestern would be no good is bollocks. Sure it would hurt but they would still be a dangerous team. They would still have excellent coaching and excellent talent.

Oh yeah, and you are an idiot.

Last edited by The Real Henry; 02/25/08 09:54 PM.
goal
goal
Also, you be go to Irmo or play for them since you think they are so good and have so much depth. You and Vapor both are just adding fuel to the fire.

C
kick off
kick off
C
haha funny stuff henry, vapors a better player than you, i assure you. and im not 'bashing' on enzo. ive stated plenty of times i thought he was great. which would make you the idiot sir. and the flicks i spoke of? he fell on his face. it was hilarious. i wasnt 'bashing' him, although i noticed that you said nothing about my comment of him flopping all over the place. ill assume you agree on that.

and i agree northwestern without northwestern would still be great. but dont be an idiot and think that northwestern would even be in the top five of teams in class 4A. thats getting a little ahead of yourself. i heard many players, parents, and yes COACHES who said that northwestern is over rated, which they are. ive seen them play.

and vapor has every right to run his mouth. he plays for the top team in the state, why cant he run his mouth? i mean is he hurting your feelings or something? if what he says, let alone what i say, is soooo moronic, then why respond? its as simple as that. just chill out for once, its not that big of a deal. i mean, you say that northwestern has great talent, like ive refuted that before. how about read buddy, i said it before you.

and by the way YOU sir defend northwestern, ill assume ur on the team. good luck regrouping after that loss. although im sure playing teams like goose creek will help you achieve that.

C
kick off
kick off
C
and yes henry we both play for irmo. OH NO THE SECRETS OUT. but let me get something straight. bypassing the fact that we play for irmo, let me assure you that any comment made about a player or team comes strictly from observation. for instance, im not going to bash dutch fork simply because i go to irmo. just wanted to get that out into the open, because peoples comments on scsoccer over the years have naturally been biased. i dont fall into that category.

C
kick off
kick off
C
oh and two posts above, i meant to say northwestern without enzo would still be great, not northwestern without northwestern

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard