Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#94971 02/25/08 03:03 PM
S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
northwestern losing to a 3a team and irmo dominates the tourny. will northwestern be able to stand up to irmos potent attack ......

J
world cup
world cup
J
Is it possible to "choke" in a preseason tournament?

world cup
world cup
vapor006,

Go back underneath your rock and don't come out until May 19th. You are an idiot.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Goal
Goal
Annnnnd now you just gave them incentive to beat teams 15-0 again

Nice work.

brace
brace
Looking at his posts, it sounds like he is an Irmo fanboy that is jealous of NW.

This thread is a joke. NW lost a game. Big deal. It's pre season. Remember, it not how you start, it's how you finish.

S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
are you kidding get under my rock its pretty bad when northwestern cant win a game without one key player ...all you have to do is take out enzo..

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
hurst - aren't you a fm parent?

P
kick off
kick off
P
They lost a game pre-season last year without 1 key player (Kropp) and turned out fine...you also say "all you have to do is take out Enzo" as if thats some simple task

S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
It is if you man mark him... He is good but not good enough to take on some of the states best deffenders one on one.

P
kick off
kick off
P
Isn't that what they said before Jess Maki of Lexington man-marked him? I was at that game and I recall Jess running in circles numerous times with no idea where Enzo was. I also recall NHS winning big time.

world cup
world cup
Yes I'm an FM parent....but I happened to be at the Chapin-NW game yesterday.

Saying Northwestern "choked" is ridiculous and is an absolute slap in the face to the Chapin team who had to play lights out in order to win the match.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
Post deleted by vapor006

H
goal
goal
H
There are several teams good enough to win the state championships at each level. One win or loss at this stage doesn't tell you much. What will matter is who is playing well in April and May and who gets a good or bad bounce at the right time during the playoffs.

P
kick off
kick off
P
Why didn't Danny stop him last year when they played in the Lake Murray Challenge final? Face it, Cates is overrated (He and the DF defense got destroyed by Fort Mill last year which was and is way down in talent as opposed to previous years) and you don't just take out Enzo by throwing a man on him, quit being so delusional.

S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
i also agree that chapin played there hearts out and they desived to win... But who would of exspected that.. What are your predictions if IRMO played NW

S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
i agree about cates but you didn't say anything about lynch.. quit being enzo's fan boy and just admit there are defenders in the state that could shut him down.

P
kick off
kick off
P
I don't even know who Daniel Lynch is so I'm not going to comment on him and I'm not Enzo's fanboy, I just know that nobody shut him down last year, so how is anyone going to stop him with another year of experience under his belt? I'm not an NHS fan by ANY means but I also understand Enzo is the top player in SC.

world cup
world cup
Did you see Christiano Ronaldo this weekend for ManU, I think he sucks.

Did you see Fernando Torres for Liverpool, he's so overrated.

Wayne Rooney's two goals for United, he's lucky. If there were two world class defenders on him he wouldn't have scored those goals.

Pele, Beckenbauer, Cruyuff.....those guys sucked.

S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
If you don't know who lynch is you don't know much about high school soccer he is a 4 year returner of irmo soccer and a 3 year starter and he is already sighned and commeted to usc check him out on University of south carlinas web site he is sick

S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
why are you getting off topic how would you ever compare some of the worlds best player to a high school play

P
kick off
kick off
P
I think I know who you're talking about now...He didn't impress me at all when Irmo squeaked out a 1-0 win over Fort Mill in the playoffs. Chris Larson of FM blew by the Irmo defense but missed a WIDE open shot. That said, Irmo looks to be improved this year judging from the Lake Murray results. I haven't watched Irmo while looking for Lynch but none of their defenders struck me as someone who could stop Enzo. That's great if he's committed to USC but you're saying that like Enzo won't go wherever he wants to college for soccer.

corner kick
corner kick
Vapor006,
I want to respond to your Northwestern/Chapin bashing. First, by saying that "Northwestern choked", you are taking a great deal of deserved credit away from Chapin. They played a very good game in defeating Northwestern. Both teams played with a great deal of heart, intensity, and skill. All 3 goals scored in the game were high quality, no cheap ones. In no way did Northwestern "choke", they were simply defeated in this particular game. It happens to the best of teams. If you were any kind of athlete you would have probably learned that lesson by now. I believe if you look back to Northwestern's 2006 AAAA State Championship you will see that they lost to AAA Dreher in the Lake Murray Challenge and that didn't appear to have any negative effect on their successful season. This year I am confident that the will regroup and have yet another successful season.
Your Enzo bashing is absurd. If you knew Enzo at all, you would know that not only is he an excellent player, but a better person. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and is well within their rights to express them on this or any other message board. However, my only issue with you, Vapor006, calling Enzo out is that you do so under the cowardly disguise of your screen name. If you weren't such a punk, you would write you opinion and sign your name to it!
Let me give you some statistics about Enzo Martinez:
In his first two seasons of high school soccer he was AAAA Player of the year as a Freshman and Gatorade Player of the year as a Sophomore. He scored 93 goals and had 47 assists in those two seasons. If he stays anywhere near his current pace he will destroy Kyle Izzard's SC record for most goals in a career (141). In Enzo's 1st 2 seasons, he scored 1 goal in games vs very quality opponents: Spring Valley, Fort Mill, Christian Brothers (TN), Lexington, Mauldin, Irmo, Ben Lippen, Eastside, Socastee, Summerville, Daniel, and Cardinal Newman. He scored 2 goals in games vs: Dutch Fork, Pinewood Prep, and Fort Mill. He scored 3 goals in games vs: Dutch Fork, TL Hannah, Farragut (TN), and Greenwood. He also scored 5 goals vs: Brookland Cayce.
If you would like me to go on, I can.
In summary, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Boards like these are great for scores and friendly banter. Some of you, vapor06, take things too far and make personal attacks. In the future, I would ask that if you wish to attack someone that you be man enough to sign your name to you opinion.

Sincerely,
Ozzie Ahl

world cup
world cup
.....and lay off of Danny Cates as well.

He's got solid credentials too.

sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Vapor,
NW was missing Alex Martinez who got a double yellow in the previous match and also Zach Clark, who is possible one of the hardest tacklers in the state as well as being very very skilled, due to an injury. Cody Parks is also a key substitute or potential starter who did not play due to an injury from wrestling season. Shawn Ferguson was not even supposed to play this weekend but due to Alex's red he had to even though he has been suffering from an injury as well. So in no way did NW choke. They did lose. The two goals chapin scored were unbelievable and would have been scored on any keeper, both were well striken upper ninety shots. As far as Enzo, he scored one goal and could of had more. Out of the 9 goals NW scored this weekend, Enzo scored 8. In the end after all the cards were played Chapin ended up on top and congrats to them they deserved it. So before you go about bashing NW and its players, do some research son.

Last edited by sG; 02/25/08 05:27 PM.

One Time!
sG #94995 02/25/08 05:47 PM
goal
goal
Vapor, you sir a a joke and a complete moron. First off, as sG said, Northwestern was missing key players. Secondly, Chapin played their butts off and got a great win. And finally, are you seriously saying Enzo can't go one on one with some of the best defenders in state?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WOW! He only helped Northwestern beat Irmo, Dutch Fork, and Lexington last season and they each had one of the best/top defenders in state. Enzo also scored 6 or 7 goals in the LMC in the three games played. You are entitled to your opinion but do not bash players when you won't even reveal yourself you pap.

And the worse part is Enzo is one of the most genuine, nicest young men anyone could ever meet.

Last edited by The Real Henry; 02/25/08 05:58 PM.
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Man oh Man.......and we're not even out of February yet. This is what I was missing in December and January.

goal
goal
And didn't Northwestern beat Irmo 6-1 this past season in the LMC?? Until they meet again, Northwestern has the edge.

kick off
kick off
I seem to recall a close NW vs. Lexington game last year in the Palmetto Cup. 3-2 in NW favor, and when they played again a 4-0 win for NW in the play-offs. All I am saying is that they would be the last team I would want to face in the play-offs.

Goal
Goal
Don't worry NSHXCOACH Vapor can't respond because his Intro to Typing 9th grade class is over for the day.

S
bench
bench
S

Nicely put coach.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Psych 101 – “Trash Talk” … disparaging, taunting, or boastful comments often between opponents trying to intimidate each other. The act of calling one out to engage in verbal nonsense. AKA “psych out” … to get into the mind of ones foe.

Score one for Vapor0006

A 9th grade typing student has won the battle of “trash talk” over all those who have engaged him. He doesn’t have to be right, he doesn’t have to be friendly, he doesn’t have to sign his name… his only goal is to see who will take him up on his nonsense. Wow, what big fish he caught! Even the coach got caught up in defending his team and his player (which everyone in South Carolina knows the quality soccer program of Northwestern and Enzo’s outstanding abilities and character) and yet, the coach got down in the gutter of trash talk with name calling… “punk”. It does not justify trash talk to sign ones name to the act. An adult does not become classier than the student by engaging in the trash and signing their name to it.

Even CornerFlag said the post was a joke, and Hurst said for Vapor006 to go under his rock… but 30 posts later this nonsense continues. When one engages in trash talk… they too can become givers of trash.

So, if any of you are truly of high character, you will apologize for anything you personally said that was not appropriate.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Quote:

i agree about cates but you didn't say anything about lynch.. quit being enzo's fan boy and just admit there are defenders in the state that could shut him down.

Give Enzo his due. I can remember 5-6 months ago and turning on Fox Soccer Channel one afternoon and seeing him hold his own pretty well down in Bradenton Florida with some of the best in the world at his age. SC is making strides across the board as is seen by the number of kids now going to play college ball. Look at USC's roster from 10 years ago and look now - I will tell you without looking it has more in state players now. Rather than beating down guys like Enzo we should be thankful they are all putting us on the map.

-
kick off
kick off
-
enzo is sick. i saw jess mackey shut enzo down completely for almost an entire match & enzo capitalize on a mistake. so yeah there are some defenders who can shut him down for a while but that opens up everyone else when your attention is on enzo & when you make a mistake hes gonna hurt u

- #95004 02/25/08 09:35 PM
S
throw in
throw in
S
Northwestern didnt choke, your kinda making it seem like Chapin is a bad team which they are not. it is a pre-season tourney its not the championship game, this tournament tells you nothing about how your gonna do in the regular season it just tells you what you need to work on.

C
kick off
kick off
C
okay after reading these threads, theres some things i have to say. personally knowing vapor tells me plenty of things. first off, he does believe enzo is the best player in the state, as do i. what it appears he was trying to state, is that northwestern rely way too much on enzo in the game. ive seen the guy play, and contrary to popular belief, he can be marked out of a game. it happens. secondly, his overwhelming success in the past was due to him having awesome support players helping him out. i seriously doubt his attacking stats will be anywhere near the level they've been near. now, i know hes scored lots of goals already this year, but only a few have been against quality competition. thats not to take anything away from him scoring lots of goals in the first place, im just saying. third, that 6-1 win for northwestern last year had a 1-1 tie at halftime...until irmos keeper got into it with kropp. then, things went down hill. having seen both teams play this year, i can ASSURE you that scoreline wont be repeated. northwesterns nowhere near as good as theyre being made out to me. you take enzo out the game, that teams done. again, thats not saying there arent other quality players on that team. because there are many.

and to that post about northwestern losing to chapin because alex wasnt in the game. absurd. chapin didnt have joey. wheres the excuse now? oh, yea the injuries. hmm, could it be theres no reliable depth to that team. hmm. during the semifinal against dutch fork, one of irmos top midfielders, recevied a minor concussion and missed most of the game. but because of their depth came away with a win that in which the score was no where near indicative of the scoreline. in the final against chapin, one of irmos forwards received a fracture in his arm, and came out of the game. irmo responded with two goals in 5 minutes. oh yea, and the second best defender behind daniel lynch mightve played all of five minutes yesterday. yea, so theres your injuries.

and i wholeheartedly agree that enzo is a phenomenal player. ive stated that before. i think he could work on not flopping everytime somebody grazes him, but thats just me. or even stopping the whole 'let me flick it like im soccer god all the way to my team mate twenty yards away' and falling flat on his face and looking foolish thing, but different strokes for different folks i guess.

and to those people who think that somebody needs to sign there name to bash somebody, think again. vapor happens to be one of the top players in the southeast region. is he enzo good? no. but we cant all be enzo good. 'personal attacks' on other players? please. respectfully, i ask that you people stop whining. the man has an opinion, nothing more. its just like some of you people who whine and make cracks about the president or whoever you please. im quite sure you people dont sign your names on letters to those people. so your idiotic ideology fails here. sorry, please play again later.

oh, and a few more things. there are defenders in this state that can cause enzo trouble, believe me. yes, he did face many a good defense before. but common sense tells us--'wait, soccers a TEAM game. which means TEAM defense.' only garbage teams defend one on one. you defend as a TEAM. so that excuse is also invalid. unless youre implying that enzo must be better than a team defense. umm....no.

lastly, that comment a few pages back where someone mentioned some of the top players in the world was a joke. i dont even think the concept is the same. 'leave cates alone?' really? his credentials dont mean a thing to me. he wasnt even the best player on that field against irmo during the semifinal. what a joke. he got layed flat on his rear end several times. and i mean he got LAYED OUT. and he got a red card, that classless clownshow.

and no guys, dont bash me for not leaving my name. i dont profess to be better than either enzo or cates. im just relaying what ive seen through close observation, and from playing on the field. if you would like bash vapor or myself for any reason, by all means go ahead.

at least we wont whine about it.

goal
goal
citiesangel3, you too are a moron then. Why do you have to defend your boyfriend like that? He should not run his mouth about quality teams and players when nobody has any idea who that clown even is. Same for you buddy.

And why are you bashing on Enzo? When does he do these "flicks to players 20 yards away"? I have seen him do these things only once or twice and I see no problem with it. And once again, you are an idiot.

And to say without Enzo Northwestern would be no good is bollocks. Sure it would hurt but they would still be a dangerous team. They would still have excellent coaching and excellent talent.

Oh yeah, and you are an idiot.

Last edited by The Real Henry; 02/25/08 09:54 PM.
goal
goal
Also, you be go to Irmo or play for them since you think they are so good and have so much depth. You and Vapor both are just adding fuel to the fire.

C
kick off
kick off
C
haha funny stuff henry, vapors a better player than you, i assure you. and im not 'bashing' on enzo. ive stated plenty of times i thought he was great. which would make you the idiot sir. and the flicks i spoke of? he fell on his face. it was hilarious. i wasnt 'bashing' him, although i noticed that you said nothing about my comment of him flopping all over the place. ill assume you agree on that.

and i agree northwestern without northwestern would still be great. but dont be an idiot and think that northwestern would even be in the top five of teams in class 4A. thats getting a little ahead of yourself. i heard many players, parents, and yes COACHES who said that northwestern is over rated, which they are. ive seen them play.

and vapor has every right to run his mouth. he plays for the top team in the state, why cant he run his mouth? i mean is he hurting your feelings or something? if what he says, let alone what i say, is soooo moronic, then why respond? its as simple as that. just chill out for once, its not that big of a deal. i mean, you say that northwestern has great talent, like ive refuted that before. how about read buddy, i said it before you.

and by the way YOU sir defend northwestern, ill assume ur on the team. good luck regrouping after that loss. although im sure playing teams like goose creek will help you achieve that.

C
kick off
kick off
C
and yes henry we both play for irmo. OH NO THE SECRETS OUT. but let me get something straight. bypassing the fact that we play for irmo, let me assure you that any comment made about a player or team comes strictly from observation. for instance, im not going to bash dutch fork simply because i go to irmo. just wanted to get that out into the open, because peoples comments on scsoccer over the years have naturally been biased. i dont fall into that category.

C
kick off
kick off
C
oh and two posts above, i meant to say northwestern without enzo would still be great, not northwestern without northwestern

world cup
world cup
Irmoitis = Enzoenvy.

IRMO IS BACK! IRMO IS BACK! IRMO IS BACK!

Yep, everybody is excited. Just like baseball is better when the Yanks and Red Sox are good, football is better when the Cowboys are good, and basketball is better when the Lakers are good.

vapor & angel......we're glad you are back. Good luck, play hard, show good sportsmanship....and have fun!

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Citiesangel13, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

You are clown and know nothing. Have fun watching the state championship from the sideline. The Irmo era ended when Zach Prince left high school. Mark my words.

M
throw in
throw in
M
angel- take a deep breath and relax. you said enzo won't do nearly as well because he doesn't have the supporting cast like he did last year (and the year before that). and then you said that having alex not play is why they lost. alex is a tremendous player and since you pointed out northwestern's lack of depth, doesn't it make sense that having alex play (along with zach clark) would have largely increased their chances of winning? the answer is yes. maybe they still wouldn't have won, that's a moot point now, but they certainly would have had a better chance.

and i personally know the real henry, and he does not play for northwestern, and neither do i.

also, the other day i saw some bleach that was on sale at harris teeter. you might want to pick some up while it is still cheap. you know, for your hair.

C
kick off
kick off
C
um how is anything whether you agree or not, one of the most insanely idiotic things you have ever heard? i made factual points. FACTUAL points. list one thing thats idiotic. please by all means go ahead. i applauded enzo while listing a few things i thought he could work on, and i recognized irmo and northwestern for being great teams. and i said for people to quit whining. nothing more. saying the irmo era ended when zach prince left high school appears to be more idiotic to me. i could say that the northwestern era ended when nathan arroyo left high school. but i dont, because that would be IDIOTIC.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
You are a clown like I said. Northwestern won the state championship when Arroyo couldn't play. What has Irmo done without Prince? Mediocrity at best. I win. You're dumb.

C
kick off
kick off
C
MUnited, i agree having those players would have largely increased their chances of winning.

and i already picked the bleach up. itll look great with our winners medallions come may haha.

good luck with your season as well.

C
kick off
kick off
C
mike bassett, mediocrity? really? i guess having the lowest ranking in school history in the past 28 years would count as mediocrity. think about that stat. and you say prince like he was the best player we had. um i would def put spencer lewis ahead of him sir. you appear to be the clown.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
How many state championships do you have? 0. I win. You're dumb.

J
Brace
Brace
J
Do you know what I find idiotic? I shall tell you all.....

1) There is no way you can tell exactly how good a team will be at the end of the season by the outcome of a preseason tournament

2) If you think an actual Irmo player is posting on this board, you sir, are an idiot....Phil would boot them off of the team, and he has ways of finding out if his players are posting. They know not to

3) Anybody that would get on here and actually attempt to argue with sophmoric morons and think they are actually going to see it their way after wasting 30 minutes to attempt to make an argument is crazy

4) Mike bASSett, enough said.....

5) I teach 6th grade, and they are more intelligent than many of the posters on here.....

6) Shall I go on?

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Well I am bloody mental!!!

goal
goal
cities, Coach Wren doesn't allow his players to post on the board so I don't play for them you tart. I will be saying more later, GUARANTEED!!

P
kick off
kick off
P
I hope these two jokers don't play for Irmo, that'd be embarassing for the school...

sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
citiesangel

Enzo flops, everybody flops.
Enzo wines, everybody wines.

The flicks you were talking about I think is when he tried to do the scorpian thing. Players are supposed to have fun and i think he was doing that and theres nothing wrong with it.

NW does not have the depth you are right, but i guaruntee when the whole team is healthy and playing again they will be a huge threat. Overrated? I dunno about that. I mean they are definately top 3 and it is too early to determine who is the best at this point.

Irmo is a very talented team you are right. They have depth your right. They have proved they are good and will do well this season but when they meet NW in the playoffs it will be on. You and your friend making all this noise is adding fuel to the fire and you made a mistake in doing this. If you and vapor are players you should stop posting and let your playing do the talking. No one wants to hear your talking on here.

One Time!
sG #95024 02/26/08 01:13 AM
C
Coach
Coach
C
Sadly enough, the people who have made the most intelligent comments on this thread seem to have been completely ignored in a frenzy of "You're a moron--no YOU'RE a moron--no, YOU'RE a BIGGER moron--I know you are, but what am I?"

"Show me a man who stands and argues with a fool, and I will show you two fools." --Confucius

I've got good news and bad news...
C
Coach
Coach
C
That said, of course, feel free to call me an idiot or a moron too. I might even own up to it.

I've got good news and bad news...
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
I know I'm a moron and I'm bloody proud of it!!

goal
goal
I don't understand why players already start talking crap after the first few games of the season. That shows no class.

As sG said, let your playing do your talking. I wish yall luck this year and think yall have a great squad.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
the thread started about nhs choking. lets set the record straight. they started one senior, 4 juniors, 4 sophmores, and 2 freshmen. of those players, half were not even on the varsity last year. the first players off the bench were not seniors either. saying alex martinez would not make a difference is like saying, enzo doesnt make a difference. after all, alex is on the region team. zack is an odp player and so is ferguson. cody parks was not the only top flight sub who was injured either. when nhs won the state they lost the first game of the year to dhrer, however u spell it. does nhs have work to do? absolutely. will they get better? absolutely. will the trojans be a number 1 seed come playoff time? absolutely. is irmo better? absolutely. will they and everyone else in the hunt get better? they better, cause the trojans will. ssaying cates is not a quality player is insane. i guess clemson and usc who both waged a recruiting war over him are wrong. put your silly biases aside and face reality. as of right now, spring valley is still numero uno and everyone else is chasing them. they play at nhs next week. hope to c u there. nhs, choke, hardly. as yogi said, it aint over till the fat lady sings. the trojans will be there in the end. will u?

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
Northwestern is quality and did not choke. I watched the match and Chapin and NW played with much heart and conviction at home. Give credit to Chapin for finding a way to win the match. They'll be the favorites in 3A for sure.

However, I'd have to cast my early vote with Irmo for the most impressive team to date. They're deep and talented and of course, they have Savitz at the helm! That's good for one/two big wins alone!

As for Cates, you've probably never faced him if you dissed him as a player. He's quality for certain.

The LMC was a quality tourney and I only wish that SA would have faired better. I am not sure of Aiken's status as the tourney that they played in didn't have the quality of teams that LMC offered.

S
Brace
Brace
S
one word...preseason. There are a lot of games left in the season. Leave it at that. Both teams are great and should have superb season's. Until the playoffs, leave it at that.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard