#95075 02/26/08 12:19 PM
S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
Greenville News

When CESA was formed a few years ago, there was a debate on this message board about large youth soccer clubs causing a decrease in the growth of youth soccer. If I remember correctly, the upstate was showing the most growth of any SCYSA "district" in the last numbers I saw.

Here's to hoping that CUFC breaks 5000 soon! [Note: I honestly hope that they do -- we need more youth soccer players in this state.]

[Note: In another thread, some were talking about the lack of newspaper coverage of youth soccer in "The State." Notice the associated stories at the front of the article and the picture galleries. Pretty good...]

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Quote:

[Note: In another thread, some were talking about the lack of newspaper coverage of youth soccer in "The State." Notice the associated stories at the front of the article and the picture galleries. Pretty good...]

Youth soccer coverage is non-existent in "The State". I can't remember much even in the "neighbors" section.

From what I have seen in the Greenville News they do a good job covering Cesa in particular. I'm sure the press coverage helps in getting the word out to families with aspiring young players.

Does anybody know if the Post and Courier in Charleston gives much coverage?

world cup
world cup
Shibumi?

Is that what Mick Jagger says, after the chorus, in the Rolling Stones hit "Shattered"?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
coach
coach
Hurst,
Its 'Im a shattered'.......I guess its the proper British way to say one is 'shattered'.

Shattered, shattered
Love and hope and sex and dreams
Are still surviving on the street
Look at me, Im in tatters!
Im a shattered
Shattered

soccer 63,
To read 'The State' you would not have a clue that youth soccer existed in the midlands.

H
goal
goal
H
Has CESA gone from a bit fewer than 3000 registered players to more than 4000 in one year? Or does that 4000 figure include all of kids registered at different Up-State clubs that compete in the CESA Developmental League?

(The Developmental League is a great program that provides a place for teams from smaller clubs to compete against a broader range of competition than would otherwise be possible)

world cup
world cup
striker,

You didn't go down far enough on the lyric sheet.

Look! I told you so!

Uh-huh, this towns full of money grabbers
Go ahead, bite the big apple, dont mind the maggots, huh
Shibumi, my brains been battered
My friends they come around they
Flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter
Pile it up, pile it high on the platter

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
coach
coach
Sir Hurst,
Welllllllll........excuse...meeeeeeee.......

But yours ain't right either.
This settles it-

Uh-huh, this towns full of money grabbers
Go ahead, bite the big apple, dont mind the maggots, huh
Shadoobie, my brains been battered
My friends they come around they
Flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter
Pile it up, pile it high on the platter

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
2004striker/Hurst66: I meant it only as a reference to the Japanese. I actually applied for the name 渋&#12415 (this looks better in the original character set); but was refused by moderators of the message board...I can't imagine why!

HappyDaddy: I don't know; just posted the article. My guess would be that they're including the kids registered in the developmental league which are therefore "registered" into CESA -- but I understand the differentiation you're driving at.

I'd note something -- CESA is a bit more of an "open" club with respect to other clubs in the area than the traditional "mega-club." By this I mean that they have in the past and are currently pretty proud to be an "open" club where they allow other kids to train (even if you aren't a member of CESA) and where they allow other clubs to register in the developmental league and use CESA resources.

There are other clubs like this -- CRSA comes to mind.

H
brace
brace
H
"I HAVE DRUNK THE DRUG OF FORGETFULLNESS"JIM MORRISON

i think this describes both of you.

goal
goal
Sounds like a durn monopoly to me!!!!

A SHARK ATE ME YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard