Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
I've heard rumors on the "Honolulu Bulls", some merger of the three areas in the works. Anyone else aware of such?

hat-trick
hat-trick
Which Augusta area club? Arsenel? I wonder whether the merged club would play under GYSA or SCYSA?

Last edited by Coach P; 02/26/08 03:38 PM.
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
I don't know if it's Arsenel or Columbia county. They are supposed to see whether the majority are from Ga or SC and then decide. I heard horror rumors of alternating practice fields each time from city to city. It could turn out to be the greatest thing for soccer in the area, but I just don't know enough about to tell the kids.

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
Is it ArsenEl or ArsenAl?

I'd love to see a merger of these clubs to bring out the best in the CSRA region! Could be something to challenge CESA and CUFC along the lines of Bridge FA -- if that will still exist?

Will the Aiken County high school coaches be involved? If so, in what capacity?

This could be similar to the building blocks of the Aiken Fire and that dominant team that reached #2 in the USA. That would be great for SC and GA soccer.

Can anyone offer more insight? Will the clubs merge only at the classic level or as rec leagues too, since there are so many kids involved?

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
An old friend sent me some information.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/171923/

GA forum. Not quite what I thought it'd be. It appears that clubs like North Augusta and Aiken will have to franchise (buy into the club?) and have to meet some minimum requirements. $50,000 annual fundraising for the Bulls for starters, and a pretty good increase for parents to pay for kids for added services.

It is not the Arsenal as they have already have the services and infastructure the Bulls are offering and are not joining the merger. Third party franchising, I'm told, is very different from a CESA or CUFC type of unifying merger.

Can anyone else add some interesting points they know about or see from the linked forum?

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
If you go to www.patriotssoccer.org, you will see a link to 'Patriots State of the Union Feb. 08' on the main page with the president's letter.

Visit the Arsenal site at www.augustasoccer.com and notice how many of the 'benefits' described in the letter are already available in town.

I don't think they are offering anything different or unique, just giving a couple of clubs the chance to have a bigger pool. The financial burden each of the "buying in" clubs has to agree to scares me a little - but that's because I've only got limited info.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
I've been told Aiken's numbers and volunteers have lowered in recent years and this larger player pool and team/coach stability is a major drawing point. Increase in $$$ looks to be around 250 for U-13 and 350 for above that. May vary slightly.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Club met very recently to discuss the merger. It appears Aiken is in. I've been told prices will go up substantially (meaning over $200) and the coaches that currently are in place will continue to be used. The major driving force is that it is believed Aiken will fold without such a merger. If anyone has any corrections or additional info, feel free to post as my info is 2nd hand and your account may have more details.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup

world cup
world cup
You are merging with a club from Hawaii?

Awesome!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard