Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Brace
Brace
S
Airport's Casey Jones. She is a junior and has the ability to take over a game although she doesn't have to because the entire squad is solid.

F
bench
bench
F
My daughter played on the 91 premier team .
Sure could have used Sc's best soccer player.
" Region 3 Premier league is humbling !!!

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

My daughter played on the 91 premier team .
Sure could have used Sc's best soccer player.
" Region 3 Premier league is a humbling !!!

go to church fat guy and pray for a better year

do you know who this kid is from the challenge team? i do not remember anyone like that when we played them in state cup.

brace
brace
91 premier was solid. What number was your daughter?

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
brace
brace
Article on Marissa is on the scsoccer.com site where articles are located. She was Greer Citizen Player of the Week last week. I think the date of the article was 3/18/08 or close to that.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
F
bench
bench
F

brace
brace
I think this thread proves two things that scsoccer.com should consider:

(1) Start a "Shameless Plug" thread

(2) Start a "Discuss by Not-so-veiled Innuendo" thread

Happy Easter. . .

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
S
coach
coach
S
cat's cradle: That's what everyone has this thread for!!!

I like what "sweetfeet" said concerning the fact that it's the college coaches that end up making this decision in a de facto manner. The last few several high school inactive players being awarded the Gatorade player of the year were Blakely Mattern, Julie Bolt, Lindsey Beam, and Kimmie Gillespie. All have made really big impacts at some pretty impressive college programs. While there are a lot of good players named here year after year (after year!), only a few have the potential to make big impacts at highly competitive programs and can really take their game to the "next level."

I also agree with the statement that RIIIPL is humbling. I honestly couldn't tell you who was a player capable of taking their game to the next level without seeing them in RIIIPL or a similarly highly competitive environment -- the ability to take on the type of opponent or opponents you're going to see in college are pretty critical.

Still...always entertaining to read this stuff. It always has me doing the backward search to figure out the relationship with the player of the person touting the player.

brace
brace
Quote:

cat's cradle: That's what everyone has this thread for!!!

O! My bad. . .

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
world cup
world cup
It's high school....and the Player of the Year award has to be measured according to what is done at the high school level.

Does the Heisman Trophy always go to the player who will have the most success in the NFL?

Is Stephen Curry the best guard in college basketball? (He did his damage in the SoCon....not the Big East or Pac 10).

Does the best player in the state have to play R3 Premier and/or ODP?

I agree that the player being considered the best in the state should be receiving a lot of mail from D1 programs, but if Blakely, Julie and Lindsey had decided to play their collegiate soccer at Tufts, Carnegie Mellon and RPI, should we have taken their award away because they didn't go on to prove themselves at the highest level? Or does the fact that they did go to D1 programs validate their award?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard