Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
World Cup
World Cup
No room here for your logic, Hurst. We love to chase our tail on this subject at least twice a season...you know this! You take your reasoning and stick it in a sack mister!

brace
brace
#7 was a player - very familiar with her

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

When scsoccer.com released its most recent rankings, there was something unusual about the list of the stateıs top 3-A girls teams.

For the first time in the programıs history, the Blue Ridge Lady Tigers are ranked among the best teams in the state, entering the week at number 15.

A major reason for the success of the Lady Tigers has been the play of sophomore Marissa Sumwalt. The speedy forward has made a habit of finding the back of the net, including a pair of three-goal efforts last week in games against Chapman and Broome.

Because of her performance, Sumwalt has been named the First National Bank-The Greer Citizen Player of the Week.
"We feel like more of a family this season," Sumwalt said.

"Our success isn't based on one person. Everyone is contributing, and the good coaching is helping too."

The Lady Tigers are playing for a first-year coach, but it is one Sumwalt is quite familiar with, her father.

"It is interesting having him as my coach, but I like it because I can be myself," Sumwalt said.

Blue Ridge will be tested often in region play as Riverside, Eastside, and J.L. Mann are also ranked. Although Sumwalt admits that she is looking forward to seeing how the Lady Tigers stack up against the stateıs best, she added that the team isnıt looking past anyone.

"We are looking forward to playing those teams, but our only focus is on the next game," Sumwalt said.
Sumwalt is proud to be part of the schoolıs first-ever ranked team, but doesnıt expect the Lady Tigers to be content with the ranking.

"I feel like we can go all the way," Sumwalt said. "As long as we are serious and work hard in practice, I believe we can make the playoffs and see what happens from there."

world cup
world cup
So Junior, is it a subjective argument or an objective argument?

Let's look at the facts.

The best high school girls soccer player in South Carolina is Taylor Parker.

Taylor is the sophomore center midfielder for Fort Mill. She is so reliable, and so valuable, that she has bumped CESA Premier '89 (and West Point-bound) senior Ashleigh Sheeets back to center defense.

Taylor has been a mainstay and one of the best players on the South Carolina '92 ODP team.

Taylor plays club soccer for Charlotte Soccer Club '91 Blue, Region 3 Premier CHAMPIONS of last fall's U-16 league.

Taylor has been to WAGS, Jefferson Cup and the Disney Showcase. She has also, though only a sophomore, received correspondence from D1 programs.

Objectively, Taylor Parker is the best high school girls soccer player in South Carolina.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
World Cup
World Cup
Fort Mill went winless in the VC so unless she was unavailable during those three games than all points are invalid

world cup
world cup
Ahhhhh.....by Junior logic, only players from Wando are eligible to be considered the best girls high school soccer player in the state.

By the way Junior, Taylor played real well in that Fort Mill win over Irmo, how did you guys do against them?

Remember: "It is better to have played and lost, than to have never played at all."

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
World Cup
World Cup
Correctamundo on the Wando deduction.

We prefer the logic "It is better to have played, than to tear an ACL and sit out a season."

Send me the key to defeating Irmo and I'll hype any FM player you want!

world cup
world cup
Key to defeating Irmo?

You need to have Taylor Parker in the center of your midfield.

World Cup
World Cup
And then take her out against Aiken?

S
goal
goal
S
Retired:
Has Marissa been promised a starting spot on the CESA 91 Premier, or will she have to secure that spot in tryouts?
Good luck the rest of the year.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard