Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
The score is correct. I read it in the Charleston paper and spoke to a friend that was at the game. He said AM subbed early and often because they have games tonight with Barnwell and at Christ Church tomorrow. Several reserves scored and played significant minutes.

In looking at Lincoln's earlier games they have given up a lot of goals - 7 to Military Magnet earlier this week. They play North Myrtle Beach next. Let's see if this trend keeps up.

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
March 12th Walahalla 0 Christ Church 6
This was a tough loss for the Razorbacks mentally they were exhausted and realized that every night you need to come and play. Hats off to Christ Church they played a awesome game.

March 13th Walahalla 7 Abbeville 1
This was a better game for the Razorbacks who dominated the game and allowed a goal off a penalty kick. The Razorbacks were able to sit their starters and give more playing time to some of the rookies.

This next week should also be exciting to see them improve in each and every game. I am very honored to be allowed to coach them.

A
kick off
kick off
A
Tues 3/11

White Knoll 1 - Batesburg Leesville 0 in OT

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
March 13th

Pendleton 2
West Oak 3

Pendleton led 2-1 in the first half before West-Oak scored the second of it's first half hustle goals to tie it up before halftime. West-Oaks third goal came off a rip from the corner of the 18. Pendleton pressured the goal in the second half but could not punch one home to tie.

To answer Soccer08's question from earlier, yes, Abbeville is improved but Pendleton lost 8 starters from last year's squad and only have 4 returning players overall. We start 2 freshmen, 5 sophomores, 2 juniors, and 2 seniors and have a lot of learning to do. I expect us to get better as the season progresses but it will take time as players learn the speed of the game and what it takes to be successful.

~Coach Schult

J
bench
bench
J
Preston Myers??????????????

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
According to the paper, he scored 2 of the 3 Lincoln goals. From what I heard, he started at forward; moved to midfield after AM scored a few goals; then went to defense; and moved back to forward towards the end.

throw in
throw in
Palmetto 10 - Crescent 0
Thursday, 3/13 at Palmetto on a dry field in perfect 70 degree weather.

Shots on Goal: Palmetto 43 - Crescent 3
Corner Kicks: Palmetto 5 - Crescent 0
Yellow Cards: None

Goals: Palmetto - (3) #1 Ignacio, (3) #14 Roberts, #10 Nino, #17 Beltran, #100 Henderson, #6 Jones
Assists: Palmetto - (2) #9 Bowman, #10 Nino, #8 Mahaffey, #11 Whiten

First Year of Varsity Play: In their first year of varsity play, Crescent will take its lumps. But I commend them on a hard-fought match with great effort and no quit!
Palmetto was clearly the dominant and experienced team tonight as they scored quickly, easily, and often. After only 15 minutes of play in the first half, the Mustangs were able to pull all starters and give valuable minutes to reserves. Crescent held their own at that point giving up only 1 more goal to make the half time score: Palmetto 4 - Crescent 0.
The second half was more of the same. Again the starters only played 15 minutes and then were subbed out. Final score was lopsided, but I give credit to the Mustang coach for making the players work on passing, drops, and teamwork. Credit also goes to the Tigers for playing hard to the end! They never gave up and hopefully learned from this loss. Good luck in future matches!

MUSTANGS are a Proud Breed! 2008 - This Is Our Year
C
kick off
kick off
C
For those that attended the SV Chapin game what was your opinion about the yellow card late in the first half that the last Chapin defender received for tackling the SV player from behind as he broke toward the Chapin goalie? Did the ref make an acurate call or should it have been a red card?

H
goal
goal
H
It's a sending off offense if:

denies an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick

In my opinion it should have been red, but it is a close call. It occurred right at the top of the eighteen, but the attacking player would probably have controlled the ball had he not been fouled.

Frankly, I thought the trip on Flynn in the second half was an easier to call to make (penalty, but not a card), but they didn't make that one either. The officiating in HS is generally mediocre at best in my opinion.

W
goal
goal
W
Hammond 4
Cardinal Newman 3 OT

I normally dont post about a game but I have to say what a HS soccer match. End to end and both teams played thier butts off. For those of you that dont think SCISA soccer is any good you are sorely mistaken. Congrats to Coach Pinasco and the Hammond SRs. Tonight was what HS soccer is all about! See you at the rematch.

To my guys that might read this, I am PROUD of you! Keep your heads up and it will figure itself out.

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard