Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
bench
OP Offline
bench
A
Why were such weak teams allowed in this division? It is obvious some of the teams would JUST (maybe) be competitive in the lower division. Shouldn't this be screened in all age groups. A lot of driving to play teams that can't give you a good game. Is it the coaches of the teams that don't know what they are doing???

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
The league starts at U13 so most teams will give the challenge league a shot and see how the teams fare.Some teams will stick it out and get better and some will drop back a lower division.How many teams would you have if the weaker teams were relagated down? If I had to guess not many..Now you would only be playing a limited number of games or playing the same teams twice..Consider yourself lucky to be on a competitive teams and seek more games thru tournaments and play teams from neighboring states.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
CHT is right... this is the first time they play at a higher level. I assume you may be associated with either Bridge or CESA 94P. Both played up last year and received the experience. CESA95P and LCSC 95 are also playing up this year for the longer term planning of both squads.

Consider yourself lucky in that you are getting the experience you need to compete at the regional level, once you qualify for R3PL. Unfortunately you have to pay the dues this season for this to happen.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Why were such weak teams allowed in this division? It is obvious some of the teams would JUST (maybe) be competitive in the lower division. Shouldn't this be screened in all age groups. A lot of driving to play teams that can't give you a good game. Is it the coaches of the teams that don't know what they are doing???

Choice of divisions is voluntary in SCYSA. Affiliated teams are allowed to play in whatever division they choose. Mandatory assignment or mandatory promotion/relegation has been strongly resisted in SC and especially on this message board. So the answer to your question is that this is the coaches' responsibility.

I'm not sure which teams exactly you are referring to, but MPSC 94 Girls White, CESA 95 Girls Premier, CESA 94 Girls Challenge, and LCSC United 95G White all played U13 Classic I in the fall and finished as the top 4 teams in that division. Apparently they decided they wanted more challenging competition. The two teams that one may wonder about the most are SAA Elite and USA Hurricanes. From what I can tell, SAA Elite did not play in the fall, at least not in Challenge, Classic I, or Classic II. So they appear to be jumping in immediately at the highest level. The USA team finished second in Classic II last season and apparently decided to jump over Classic I and go directily to Challenge.

One other thing that may come in to play is competition with JV teams. Some of these teams may have lost some players to JV or may have had to play without players on game days due to conflicts with JV.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Good point coach P... forgot about the pesky JV issue. I know for a fact it is an issue with USA.

And by the way... it is not the PMSL challenge league it is the SC state challenge league

Last edited by futbol(soccer); 03/11/08 06:39 PM.
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

And by the way... it is not the PMSL challenge league it is the SC state challenge league

That is true in the spring. In the fall, it's the PMSL Challenge Division for U13 and U14. There is no Fall SCSCL for U13 & U14.

L
kick off
kick off
L
Teams such as the Bridge have no right to complain about the competitive level of teams they play in league play. These are the teams that they have recruited the best players from to create the best teams in the state. I would think that these Bridge teams would seek competitive teams through quality tournaments. But, why would a team such as the Bridge U13G be playing in tournaments such as the James Island Tournament, Girls Rock, and St Patrick’s Day Cup if they are truly looking for top competition? When this same team goes to a quality tournament such as the Concorde Fire they don’t play in the top flight. Seems to me they are just looking for trophies not competitive games. This type of schedule does not seem to help this U13G team prepare for R3PL next Spring. Also, maybe if the Bridge had home fields teams would not have to travel as much to play these non-competitive teams.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Teams such as the Bridge have no right to complain about the competitive level of teams they play in league play. These are the teams that they have recruited the best players from to create the best teams in the state.

Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner!

Victory Starts Here!
I
goal
goal
I
There should be a progression system. Success over time should allow you to move up. This would keep people from doing a one year recruiting thing as well. Our kids have moved to challenge off and on, some successful some not. Currently the JV bug, has hurt our team.

Some folks try to play challenge with no support system at all, opposite of what CESA does. These pretenders just are about money, and image, not for the "good of the game"

A
bench
OP Offline
bench
A
First, thanks for the great information. Did not think about the JV situation? Second, Cesa has a large pool of players that we are recruiting from. We field three competitive teams in this bracket. For an area like Charleston to only field one competitive team is frustrating. What is the reason? BTW who is SAA?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard