Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
bench
OP Offline
bench
A
both of our CESA teams were missing top players in both games they played. Score did not reflect the one sided games. Rec team at best. MP is a rec team and they tied them. Nothing more needs to be said.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Wow, rec teams!!!
A little insulting. I would also say that most club teams (missing a player or two) would destroy most rec teams that I have seen. I am sure that your teams are very talented, but to be insulting to 12 year olds is a bit over the top, don't you think???

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
B
throw in
throw in
B
OK I've Had enough. Wasn't going to jump in, but there is so much misinformation that I felt it necessary.

First some history. During the prior two years SAA has been a strong team, that gave both CESA and Bridge 94 teams tough competition. This year there does seem to have been a difference in team makeup, however it is not fair to call SAA or Mount Pleasant 94s rec teams.

Last year Bridge 94 and Cesa 94 Premier played up and lost close to all their matches. They benefited from that experience and are now top of the league. The 95 teams in the league are doing the same thing this year and don't count either of those teams out.

The comment about the CESA 95 Girls being short players and having a lopsided match with SAA is completely false. CESA 95 had a full roster of players and won, but it was a close match. Can't speak for the CESA 94's since I do not have knowledge of their game. I do know that the CESA 94 and CESA 95 parents have enough class not to call any of their competition "rec" teams.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I guess that should take care of this thread..

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Takes a little bit of moxie to call another club team a "rec" team. I think we should all show the kids a little respect. Wouldn't let our kids badmouth someone else like that.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
SAA also play in challenge leauge spring 07. The team is made up of younger players with one or two older ones thown in. I think it is great for the teams to play up. CUFC 95 elite should have played up in the SCSCL this season. They are 5-0 25 GF and 0 GA.

I
goal
goal
I
If there was some kind of progression system none of this would happen? Right? SCYSA thoughts?

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Didn't CESA 94 challenge lose 10-1 to Bridge? and 2-0 to MPSC? it would appear that CESA did a good job of selecting the premier players from the pool but the second tier team is average. So soccerparent you are in the right team and come the end of the year, you can apply to premier league for the spring of 09. This is the path you must go through... think of it as a necessary evil.

I assume the staff at CESA have you playing in the top tourneys to keep you sharp. Good luck the rest of the season.

Last edited by futbol(soccer); 03/13/08 01:05 PM.
C
Goal
Goal
C
Quote:

both of our CESA teams were missing top players in both games they played. Score did not reflect the one sided games. Rec team at best. MP is a rec team and they tied them. Nothing more needs to be said.

Thanks for reminding me that sometimes parents need to keep their mouth shut and just let the kids play and have fun.

B
kick off
kick off
B
In reference to the Concorde Fire tournament we,Bridge FA 94 girls, did request the top division in U13 however, for some reason we were switched (with CESA) from the Champions bracket to the Premier bracket. We were told that it was based on our play in the Raleigh tourney. It was out of our hands. We always want the better competition and not the trophies/medals. ( we have plenty)

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard