Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
kick off
kick off
L
Looks like with results that the selection committee placed you in the right division.

With Bridge FA being over three years old now where are all the Charleston U13 girls playing? James Island and Summerville do not have U13 teams that I can see. With the Bridge FA concept I thought that James Island and Summerville would be working with the younger age groups to prepare them for U13 Challenge and Primer. I look at the Bridge FA U13G team (only 13 roster) with only one girl representing James Island and no girls from Summerville. Actually, looks like 25% of the girls on this team are not even from the Charleston area. Does not look like this alliance is working on the girls program. I guess we will have to wait and see if Bridge FA even fields a team at the U13G level next Fall.

Bridge FA Girls U13 Gold you have a great web site with informative information about your team. I sure don’t know how you get all the parents to buy in on so many tournaments$$$

A
bench
OP Offline
bench
A
Jim Morrison? Aren't you on the Board for the Bridge or am I mistaken. Seems like you would be more flattering about the Bridge. Better teams seem to attract girls from smaller areas that can't field a team. You should know that. As for the $$$, I heard they had a BIG sponser that charters buses, uniforms, hotel expenses and food. Not bad!

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Jim Morrison? Aren't you on the Board for the Bridge or am I mistaken. Seems like you would be more flattering about the Bridge. Better teams seem to attract girls from smaller areas that can't field a team. You should know that. As for the $$$, I heard they had a BIG sponser that charters buses, uniforms, hotel expenses and food. Not bad!

how the hell did i get into this thread?i do not even know anyone from bridge.my brother lives in summerville but i do not think that puts me on the board.you must have me mixed up with jimmy hendrix.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

With Bridge FA being over three years old now where are all the Charleston U13 girls playing? James Island and Summerville do not have U13 teams that I can see...

SSC had a U13 girls team in the Fall Classic II division. They are not back for the spring. MPSC has a U13 team that played Classic I in the fall and are in the Challenge division this spring.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B

As a Bridge parent I have no problem traveling to JIYSC and maybe they will appreciate what the Bridge has to offer our kids and keep the lowcountry competitive with the rest of the state.

Since your daughter has left the team - i bet you like to see if the Bridge will field a team next fall.
The reason we play in so many tournament(as you know the reason) is because there is no teams to play in the charleston area. Look at some of the best teams in the Region III like CASL. CASL has played 63 games in 12 months. Who cares if 25% of the team is not from the area? Serious soccer player will travel to train and play on a good team. Two player from Hilton Head and two from Walterboro. Does either area have a good challenge program? And we hope that the numbers continue grow even higher. Remember there are some players from charleston that play for CESA.

L
kick off
kick off
L
I am guessing that you are a very passionate parent of a player on the U13G team. I am not bashing the Bridge FA program it is a great concept on paper. And sorry but I have not been directly involved with the U13G Bridge FA team and really could care less about a U13G team next season for the Bridge FA. I just thought without the support from James Island and Summerville that Bridge FA would find it hard to field a U13G team next Fall. But, if Bridge FA is going to continue it’s existence then they need to be able to attract quality players from the Charleston area year after year and I don’t see that happening on the girls program.

What I am wondering is where are all the U13 girls in the Charleston area? James Island and Summerville are not developing players to feed the younger Bridge FA girls programs. Although it looks like MPSC is doing it even if they are not part of the alliance.

I don’t believe there are any 11 or 12 year old girls making the trip from Charleston area to Greenville. Why would they if Bridge FA can support them with quality coaches and training?

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Just clarification... The current U13 Bridge team will be U14 next season... I am not aware of a U12 team that will be bridge U13 next year. but would assume there will be tryouts for it

kick off
kick off
Wow this will truly be interesting to see how it shapes up. James Island, Summerville and Charleston United all have U12 teams that will be U13 in the fall the question is are they going to go it alone or could this be the "alliance" that will unfold to become BFA U13 if yes will it be a strong enough team to compete at the challenge level?

hhhhmmmm I wonder

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I do not think you will see an alliance unfold..You might see a alliance of players unfold but not clubs..It's called recruiting..Let your child make the choice and do what's best for them..Being on the "best" team is not in every player's best interest..

kick off
kick off
CHT....

Most definately I agree when the time comes we will definately look at whats best for us not the name of a club..

SD..

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard