Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#96588 03/12/08 02:42 AM
bench
OP Offline
bench
Whats wrong with Dutch Fork? Why are they losing with all the talent that they have?

world cup
world cup
Don't drop the life boats over the side of the ship yet. It is early in the season. They played their archrival in a backyard derby without their coach, and then they met the #2 team in the state. I'm sure DF will be fine come May.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
bench
OP Offline
bench
I hope they do well this weekend up at the Fort Mill Tournament. It looks like the tournament has lots of great competition.

Just Do It - NIKE
bench
OP Offline
bench
Also does anyone know where I can get a copy of their schedule. I would like to see them play some good competition when I return to the states later this month.

Just Do It - NIKE
J
world cup
world cup
J

S
coach
coach
S
My personal opinion based on watching them last night.

Dutch Fork is one of the better teams in the state. What's "wrong" about them is that they're coached by someone who cares about how well the team does in region play and in the playoffs and thus has created a schedule that will help this already very good team get even better by playing top competition (e.g., Viking Cup, Irmo, Fort Mill tournament, etc.) rather than focusing on weekly rankings and playing easier teams early on.

Last year people were amazed that some teams, and even some regions, got swept early in the playoffs. Teams like Dutch Fork made it to the semi-finals despite early season losses. I think the reason is less something being "wrong" with the team and instead something being "right" in terms of schedule and focus.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Well said. It's not how you start, but how you finish that counts most.

I've got good news and bad news...
world cup
world cup
Instead of dissing Dutch Fork, we ought to be giving props to the top two teams in the state, Lexington and Wando. At a time when most of the top teams in the state struggle to score more than one goal in a match against Top 15 competition, these two giants put up 4 and 5 goals respectively against very good opponents.

The ability to score a goal against top-notch teams is what determined who gets to Stone Stadium in May. Right now we are looking at a rematch of last year's state 4A state championship and this year's Viking Cup final.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Whats wrong with Dutch Fork?

Nothing.

Dutch Fork is 3-3. Their 3 losses have come against teams ranked 2nd, 4th, and 6th in the state. Their 3 wins have all been against top 15 teams.

The Foxes play one of the toughest schedules in the state with 15 games against teams ranked in the top 15. I agree with the previous posts that this challenging competition will pay off as the season continues.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Whats wrong with Dutch Fork? Why are they losing with all the talent that they have?

Sounds like a Chapin girls parent to me!

Victory Starts Here!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard