Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
throw in
throw in
S
They are getting the skilled knocked out of them.High school soccer is more of a bang game.Club soccer is more of a skill game.D.F. needs to play more hard nosed Football.Give the same play as they get.

sancho
World Cup
World Cup
Funny you should mention that about Chapin parents. Check the 80:00 feature this week for an article about that.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Quote:

Whats wrong with Dutch Fork? Why are they losing with all the talent that they have?

Sounds like a Chapin girls parent to me!

What the &^%&%

when is the 80:00 comming out?

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
World Cup
World Cup
Up now. I'll stop threadjacking!

S
coach
coach
S
Quote:

They are getting the skilled knocked out of them.High school soccer is more of a bang game.Club soccer is more of a skill game.D.F. needs to play more hard nosed Football.Give the same play as they get.

I understand the frustration when you're playing a team like Ridge View that is incredibly physical; however, the bottom line for Dutch Fork is beating Wando to get into the state finals. Trying to out-physical Wando is going to get a lot of players taken out of the game for injuries -- because teams don't come much more physical than Wando -- and if you lose a couple of players ***I KNOW*** Wando is going to beat you because they are incredibly deep (remember, 18 returning players.) No one in the state has a better and deeper bench than Wando (in my opinion.)

Instead of trying to out-physical Wando and other opponents, Dutch Fork needs to play to their strengths -- play the ball fast and simply to each other (which they already do very well) and use speed and skill to attack.

Does this mean you don't have to go after 50/50's in a tough manner -- of course not. But I don't think trying to "bang" against bigger and stronger opponents is the way you're going to win. You play to your strengths -- not your opponent's strengths.

Then again, I don't know anything...

S
throw in
throw in
S

Call Paul at Spartanburg High he seems to get the job done
when playing Wondo.He plays with less talent,skill,and players.Everybody knows D.F. has Loads of CUFC players,and lots of talent.Now they need to play high school soccer instead of club ball.

sancho
V
kick off
kick off
V
"Everybody knows" that DF is "loaded" with CUFC players, yes. Premier level players and a Championship or five on the team from various age groups over the last couple of years at CUFC and CESA. Most everyone else does play club ball at CUFC at different age groups.Pretty smart bunch of girls. They know their strengths and their weaknesses.

It feels better with a win,yes. But as long as the team learns from losses, they'll be fine come playoff time.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard