Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
I noticed the BB&T Fields are closed for today. Either they are still too wet or the club is doing this to try to save face. If they were playable on Sunday, why would they be closed today?

throw in
throw in
I would ask how many schools in the area had games and practices on their fields today? That would be the better question.

corner kick
corner kick

More profit IS NOT made "by canceling those games then if they were played due to not paying refs," because of other expenses that have already been incurred and because of unrealized revenues on concession sales, product sales, etc. So regardless of refunds, the club did not make more profit by canceling the games. And this does not include lost revenues in the future for teams that don't come back. This was a tough decision to make because it cost the club a considerable amount of money rather than making more.

Profit is not lost from canceling matches. BTW, one cannot say that they lost money on unrealized losses...hence the term UNREALIZED

Stewie- "Where did you graduate again, university of duhhhh?"
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Profit is not lost from canceling matches. BTW, one cannot say that they lost money on unrealized losses...hence the term UNREALIZED

The fact remains that more revenue would have been realized if the games had not been canceled. It did cost the club money because it did not realize revenues that would have been realized if the games had not been canceled plus the incurred expenses that can't be recovered.

You are correct that I should not have referred to future unrealized revenue due to teams not returning as "lost". It is simply unrealized.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Although I didn't go to BB&T fields Sunday morning, I do know that the fields out there don't drain very well. We have had numerous practices cancelled when there is rain day of and day before. The Ballentine Park fields are even worse and water pools so bad it takes days for it to drain.

So if the club prorates tournament fees, then can club teams get season fees prorated for cancelled practices, too??

Just kidding.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
technically speaking you payed for a service (practice) which has now not been delivered. It is up to you to forgive the service or demand alternatives.

I know that if it was me and I was paying over $1000 a year for playing in the club that I would want to have my service as agreed upon at the beginning. If it required an alternate night so be it...

coach
coach
Someone said earlier that because of the tourn. cancellations that teams may not come back again. Thats crazy! Name one tournament across the country that refunds fees because of weather-related cancellations? When was the last time this area had 20 tornadoes in one day?

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8024349

CASL costs a ton more than this tourn. and I am sure they would offer no refunds in a similar situation. This is what teams agree to when they pay their fees; from the Raleigh Shootout website:
16. Inclement Weather
Regardless of weather conditions, coaches and their teams must appear at the respective field site, ready to play as scheduled. Failure to appear will result in forfeiture of the match. Only the Tournament Director may cancel or postpone a match. Referees may suspend a match. In the case of severe weather, in his/her discretion, Tournament Directors may cancel any and all games. In case of severe weather that occurs after the beginning of play, the Tournament Director may reduce the length of the match and may discontinue or cancel the game. Should a match be terminated due to weather conditions after 20 minutes of play, the match will be considered official and the score at the time will stand. If a match is terminated prior to 20 minutes of play every attempt will be made to complete the match. However, if necessary other means, determined by the tournament committee, may be used to determine a winner. Referees and field managers will not consider beginning or continuing matches when a lightning storm exists. No refunds will be given in the event of cancellation.
17. Disclaimer
Neither the Tournament Committee, the Capital Area Soccer League or the Tournament Sponsors are responsible for any expenses incurred by any team in the event the tournament is canceled in whole or part or in the event games are discontinued or canceled due to inclement weather or adverse field conditions, nor will any refunds be made. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to decide all matters pertaining to the tournament. The judgment of the Tournament Committee is final. The tournament Director has authority to make all decisions and these decisions will be final.

Last edited by 2004striker; 03/18/08 04:10 PM.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
how about a rain date up front so teams can decide if they can make both dates..

Last edited by coldhardtruth; 03/18/08 03:34 PM.
M
brace
brace
M
Soccer is an outdoor sport. We've all been to tournaments where weather has factored into the length of games or games being played at all. The same goes for practices.

It's a risk we take as participants in the "beautiful game". When we join a club or attend a tournament we accept the fact that coaches and administrators will do what is best when it comes to the delivery of the product.

After six years of participation in club soccer, I'll say there have been some weather related disappointments. To say the organization owes me for the risk I've taken to participate in a sport I know is subject to the weather is an unrealistic position to take in my opinion.

If a tournament decides to issue a partial credit to be applied to the next tournament to teams affected by the delays that could be a good move from a marketing perspective.

Whatever the tournament committee decides is fine, because the risk is known by all up front.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
I
goal
goal
I
meeting those teams part of the way, would keep people coming back... I think Cat's Cradle talked about never going back because of the same situation at another tourney, he is very evenly toned and well versed in the "Risks". It would be a great marketing idea.

The club running the tournamanet also should try to deliver the matches if they can be done without hurting the kids, mud does not hurt kids, just the fields. They know the risks of running the tournament as well.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard