Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
I BET GOD DERN BEM RIVERS WAS OUT THERE WITH SOME TIM'S ON READY TO GET AFTER IT A BIT IN HIS WHITE SOCKS AND THEN GOD DERN CUFC CANCELED THE TOURNAMENT WITH ONLY A "SORRY BOUT THAT" TO SHOW FOR IT!

THAT'S ABOUT RIGHT!

Stuff White People Like: #589 - Guy Fieri
O
throw in
throw in
O
Quote:

meeting those teams part of the way, would keep people coming back....

We've always sent some of our younger teams there, but this is the first year where we sent some U15+ teams (we took our 16 & 18 boys). Certainly disappointed that we could not play Sunday, but we still got a couple good games in for both teams. (We were some of the lucky ones.) The teams I feel the worst for are the out of state teams from Florida, West Virginia, etc that only got to play one game each. Since spring U15 & above is the "off season" in SC, you really need those out of state teams to support the tournament or you simply can't pull off the older brackets in the spring.

Perhaps a "part of the way" to meet such teams would be to offer the club a discount for next year giving them a X/3 percentage off voucher for St Patty's 2009 for each game less than 3 played (i.e. one game played = 67% off, two games played = 33% off). Wouldn't cost CUFC anything this year & might help make for an even more expanded field for next year. Just a thought.

Overall, the tournament teams attending were "class acts". We've always liked this tourney & will continue to send our teams to support CUFC as they have supported us.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
We were scheduled to compete in a tournament in Mt Pleasant either this past fall or last spring (boy am I getting old) but the tournament was cancelled on Friday before any play started and even before we travelled. Full refund was given. This admittedly is a somewhat different situation.

They do save money when the tournament is cancelled. The refs are not paid. Was a rental fee for the Irmo Practice fields paid in light of the cancellation? They may lose money in concessions so perhaps the bottom line is a wash. And look at all the trophy money they save.

Last edited by GSDad; 03/19/08 02:35 PM.
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

And look at all the trophy money they save.

Pretty sure trophys were already bought and paid for. They can probably be used later by changing the engraved plaque that has the year or "9th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Cup".

I
goal
goal
I
Why do we not leave CUFC alone...enough has been said and the dead horse has twenty different boot prints on it. They tried to make everyone happy and failed. If you have ever tried to make everyone happy you might know how tough that really is. Hopefully this thread will die on the vine.

throw in
throw in
I do believe you have the most posts on this thread.

J
goal kick
goal kick
J
Quote:

They tried to make everyone happy and failed. If you have ever tried to make everyone happy you might know how tough that really is.

I think everyone would be happy with a pro-rated refund....which they have not done.

C
Goal
Goal
C
A couple of weeks ago, the Can-AM Cup in Myrtle Beach was cancelled. They are giving back 75%.

O
throw in
throw in
O
Quote:

I do believe you have the most posts on this thread.

Now that there Tut is some funny stuff

kick off
kick off
This is pretty interesting stuff as I read all the posts there is still one key factor that remains..... in most tournaments that my daughters team competes in it states clearly that in the case of bad weather.... whatever the case may be that the tournament committe reserves the right to decide what to do and the team managers or coaches who signs up agrees to this policy. Though I would probably be a little irritated myself had we entered and not played the full schedule but I would certainly been more upset had the tournament committe allowed play in what was deemed unsafe conditions any child .I believe that at the end of the day no one would have been happy with either decision so they did what they thought was the best thing for all parties involved.

Just a dads thought on things.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard