Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

Quote:

Coach Chass- Please fell free to use "dagnabit" all you want, however if at all possible I would like to reserve the option to use "dadburngummit" at a latter date if that will not infringe upon your literary rights and privileges.

tk

Thanks...no infringement at all, as long as I can get an option on "goldurnit to heck."

Have to admit, that one is not in my repertoire, I prefer the single word pontifications, with perhaps the exception being a well timed "for the love of Pete" or the ever so rare "oh my gosh." However, in the interest of expanding ones vocabulary I will try to make sure to work your personal choice in somewhere around week 4 of our region play and give all due credit when I do.

tk

Tony King
S
throw in
throw in
S
March 18
Hilton Head 1
Hilton Head Prep 0

sancho
throw in
throw in

Dorman at Mauldin PPD for tonight.

"Play every game with your whole heart as you never know if it is your last game"
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Barnwell vs. Pelion Postponed until April 24

O
bench
bench
O
South Aiken was a no-show tonight for their scheduled varsity match with Irmo. Irmo coaches, players and referees were at the field ready to play until past game time. Conditions were playable with light rain and moderate wind. The JV game was played as scheduled and Irmo parents heard from S Aiken parents during that game that the S. Aiken varsity was not coming. The Irmo coach was informed of what the S Aiken parents said and his response was that his last communication with the S. Aiken coach was that the game is on. The varsity girls asked if it would be a forfeit and the coach said he is turning that matter over to his Athletic Director.

By HS League rules, Irmo has to pay the referees even though the game was not played. I have heard there are no penalties for no-shows, but I think S. Aiken should at least have to incur the referee expense.

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
Porter Gaud 0 vs Academic Magnet 1

World Cup
World Cup
Since severe rains were predicted and delivered, it was hoped that the game could be changed to Thursday. Transportation was unavailable as SA only has 3 buses for the entire spring sports teams. It was decided to try and wait it out. After watching radar and getting info from people and coaches currently experiencing the weather, the South Aiken Coach (AHEM) tried to email the Irmo coach, called the school, called and left messages with Dennis Cook and Phil Savitz, and finally took to the boards to try and contact them. Very difficult to contact people after 3:45 as they have things to do, obviously. Contacted JV team but "will you let them know" sounded like "we let them know" over cell phones, rain, a team warming up, and coming from a man who is often accused of mumbling. Our JV coach did let the officials know BEFORE the game started that there would not be a varsity game. Finally a parent was able to get in contact with rightfully upset Irmo coaching staff.

In conclusion, I did as much as I could to play on a date that was safer to travel, safer to play on, better for the gate, and better for the field. I am sorry for the poor communication as it was not for lack of effort, but not at all for thinking of those playing or driving to the game.
The JV's were able to start the game with no problems, but experienced the rain towards the end. The downpour hit towards the conclusion of the match and continues as I type in what would be halftime.

South Aiken will have no problem paying for the officials, and look forward to the rescheduling a match in the next 6 weeks. Many apologies to the parents, players, and fans, but I know the Irmo coaches would not want to risk the health or injury to any player on either team. Making sure to have the coaches cell number for potential cancellations will be a top priority and a lesson learned from this situation.

World Cup
World Cup
Cell phone number received. Thanks for the call, bud.

C
Brace
Brace
C
@ WA 3/19
WA 9
BC 0

corner kick
corner kick
Christ Church vs St Joes rescheduled for 3/20 at 3:30 pm at St Joes.

Fletch: It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am NOT a big man.
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard