Next Thread
Print Thread
#97117 03/18/08 02:51 AM
A
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
A
What does everyone think about these rankings? I agree with who the top five teams are, but not necessarily the order. Here's how I see it.

1.) Spring Valley- Keep winning games and looked very good against Irmo, particularly in the midfield.
2.) Northwestern- One of the most talented teams in the state, with one of the most talented players in the nation.
3.) Lexington- While none of their scorelines jump out at you, they are a very solid team with no glaring weakness.
4.) Irmo- Came out of the gates on fire, but have since cooled. Did not look good at all @SV, and then only beat White Knoll 3-1? This week should tell a lot about them.
5.) Wando- They will always be in my top five, because they almost always end up there when it's all said and done.

goal
goal
After watching Northwestern play I can say they are still a top notch team. Not as good as last year or the year before but they are very young and have many great young players. With time they will be a very dangerous team come playoffs.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Quote:

What does everyone think about these rankings? I agree with who the top five teams are, but not necessarily the order. Here's how I see it.

4.) Irmo- Came out of the gates on fire, but have since cooled. Did not look good at all @SV, and then only beat White Knoll 3-1? This week should tell a lot about them.

Did you actually see the Irmo SV game? I did and felt that Irmo looked like the better team. What was the corner kick count? Irmo 10 SV 1 or somehting like that.

BTW-I don't have a kid on either team.

kick off
kick off
Irmo is good team

Today SV vs Irmo again, we will see which team is better

A
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
A
Yep, I was there watching it. Irmo had more scoring chances, but failed to capitalize on any of them. I felt that Spring Valley controlled the game, especially in the midfield. They had at least 60% possession (guessing) and Irmo's center mids looked lost at times. Spring Valley's center back could dribble the ball out of the back without a single challenge for about 30-40 yards all night. Also, Sean Flynn was wide open the entire game. One thing that Irmo did do well last week was neutralize Antoine. He was shut down for the most part.

Of those 10 corners, how many resulted in a shot on goal? One? Last time I checked, a game isn't decided by how many chances you get in a game, but how many you actually capitalize upon.

kick off
kick off
agree with 20champ04

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
I agree that Irmo did nothing with their 10 corners. Two were kicked over the endline. They must have been doing something to get those 10 corners. I still think Irmo controlled most of the first half and the last 15 minutes. They did hit the woodwork in the last 5 minutes. But I won't push the argument that Irmo outplayed SV, but for you to say Irmo looked bad, I question either your knowledge of soccer or your impartiality.

corner kick
corner kick
agree with GSDad

Irmo did control the ball for most of the game and had more opportunities to score

SV had two great individual efforts on their assist and score

A lot of corner kicks in the 2nd half by Irmo, but SV still controlled the substitutions (16 subs in the half?)

If Tues. game is called a little tighter, the advantage goes to Irmo

Link Copied to Clipboard