Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#97410 03/22/08 11:45 PM
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
Clover goes 3-1 at the airport tourney. Not bad for a team that lost last week to NationS Ford. Perhaps a rematch will be worth attending.
As for last years results in the state comp. Lets just say there are a few new deputies in town. If Clover gets healthy and it's a very good team.
Ludwig

world cup
world cup
Not a bad result overall for Clover, considering one of their prime weapons is on the shelf.

I'm sure the 4-0 loss to Airport in the semi-final was not pretty. My guess is a combination of running into a strong team and having tired legs. Probably more of the former as opposed to the latter.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
Brace
Brace
S
Clover had an excellent tournament and held their own against Airport. I beleive you are right Hurst, it came down to being winded and also playing against a very good, talented Airport Squad. #11 had a great tournament.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Ludwig,
Hurst,

Did Clover hire a new coachor get a bunch of new players(deputies)?
Haven't been able to get to a game (and unfortunately may not be able to this year). Extremely talented from what I saw last year. Wish them the best of luck.

PS. love the handle Beethoven

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
cid0000,
No, to my knowledge Clover didn't hire anyone other than a new assistant. It would have to be an earthquake for the Clover athletic dept. to start taking soccer seriously.
Biggest concern with soccer at Clover is if soccer is messing up the football field, IMO. Hence, the new "field" for soccer that is too small for the sport. (to be used next year) Maybe everyone will go 9v9 while playing at Clover to highlight the "cozy" nature of our new pitch!

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
I'd say having a guy like Lou around the program would be considered a reasonable addition. Pretty sure he's there in an unofficial capacity....but he's there. And he's a superb coach/trainer.

His 9th grade daughter ain't a bad player either....

goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
Yep, that's a given but he's not being paid, sadly. Perhaps next year. He should work with the boys now and then as well. Great guy, great coach, tremendous knowledge and experience.
Yep, his daughter is quite a player and will be fun to watch her over the next 3 yrs.

Link Copied to Clipboard