Print Thread
#9742 03/12/03 08:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He missed A LOT of calls in the Lex/Dreher game Tues. nite and in my opinion is almost as worse a ref as Mauricio Ponse. I thought it was especially unprofessional of him when a fan commented on how he missed a blatent push in the back in the first overtime against Lexington and he had the audacity to wave at them, because he like I said had a no call for a BLATENT push in the back. I"m sure proud that he is one of our head administrators for referee clinics and is teaching our future refs the rules of the game!! [Big Grin]

#9743 03/12/03 01:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is your qualification for knowing a call from a non-call? What referee training have you had? Every push in the back, even though it may be blatant does not call for a whistle. Did the player doing the pushing gain an advantage? Did the player being pushed have the ball?

#9744 03/12/03 01:59 PM
Goal
Goal
Silver Player is right, Fred Bieber has been a disgrace to soccer officiating for at least a decade and flaunts his "position" to gain notice. I often subscribe to the thoery that the best referee is unseen and only heard, too bad that "referees" like Bieber and Maurice Ponce feel like they have to be the center of attention. The SCYSA will never improve unless his reigns as President are taken away!

#9745 03/15/03 11:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would someone explain to me how Fred Bieber being SCYSA President makes him a bad ref? And to EVERYONE who does not like the reffing, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get yourself certified and ref. This goes to not just fans/supporters/parents, but also to coaches. Then you can understand what is a hand ball foul, or why a "high kick" is not a foul and of course, the always popular "HE/SHE is OFFSIDES!!" You might think that Mr. Bieber and Mr. Ponce do bad jobs reffing, but get yourself certified, ref and then let me know how you think they do as refs.

Link Copied to Clipboard