Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
The players I listed are all Freshman starting for ranked teams and making an impact.

Boswell-Mauldin 4-A
Hagler-Riverside 3-A
Black-Woodruff 2-A

brace
brace
Woodruff regularly starts 3-4 9th graders—including the center mid and both forwards.

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
Riverside HS ranked #1 in the state has played with 7 freshman during a game this season. Can another top ten school come close to this mark? How about all that team chemistry people love to talk about. Again, 7 freshman that play.

S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
Cat:
Woodruff is playing really good soccer, nice tourney result this weekend.

S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
Cat:

How many goals does black have this season?

brace
brace
Not sure about any individual stats, but anyone who saw Black's goal v. Clover Fri. . .with an injured knee from the previous match that afternoon and with two people on her. . .

Woodruff has five 9th graders playing/contributing regularly, FYI—

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
brace
brace
Hagler is very good.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

Riverside HS ranked #1 in the state has played with 7 freshman during a game this season. Can another top ten school come close to this mark? How about all that team chemistry people love to talk about. Again, 7 freshman that play.

Riverside definately picked up a strong group of freshman players this year. So many that we may need to check and make sure the coach hasn't added real estate sales as a side line to his insurance business... just kidding, Terry. I would think that chemistry would actually be less of a issue for Riverside. The seven players have been playing together on various club teams for years, as well as training with and scrimmaging against many of the Riverside upperclassmen who also play for CESA.

I'm sure you'll find coaches around the state quite pleased by the impacts their freshmen are making on their teams, although it will be a rare few that have the numbers enjoyed this year by Riverside.

I hesitate to start listing, because I'm not familiar with where all the club and ODP players attend high school. However, along with Riverside I believe JL Mann, Eastside and Wren each include at least two freshman starters on their rosters. I'm not sure how many of the Riverside freshmen regularly start. I know Wando (#1 in AAAA, #9 Nationally) includes at least two freshmen on its roster, but I'm not sure of their roles as starters. I believe one is, but not sure.

Surely the players from the U-15 State Champion Bridge team as well as other talented club and '92/'93 ODP freshmen scattered throughout the state must be out there making some coaches happy. They may be having just as big an impact as the "Riverside 7" on their given teams, but don't have the same overall team depth as Riverside that would gain them a higher team ranking.

Also, some of the higher ranked teams in the state may be upperclassmen heavy with very talented freshmen waiting in the JV wings to see more playing time this year and join the varsity next year. The real scary part about Riverside's freshman class is that there are even more freshman Challenge level CESA players on the Riverside JV waiting for a spot next year on the varsity.

It would be interesting to know how many freshmen are actually playing in starting roles this year throughout the state. In general I would say this is a very good class of freshmen for SC Soccer.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Last year B.C. started 7 Freshmen.Started out slow but went 16-8 ,and #8 in state .This year 7-1-1 so for and #3 in state.lOST 2-1 TO RIVERSIDE first game of the season .Should play them in the LBT 4-12-08 with a little luck who knows.We also play Airport 4-03-08 this could be for region title.

sancho
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Hanna starts three freshmen, has two more that play a lot, and a fifth that is injured but will probably start when she gets back. Just like Wren and Riverside, we have a HUGE class of freshmen that includes several more that play JV.

I have been extremely pleased with our freshmen. Wren did a great job covering up Robinson and our freshmen (Miller and Witcher) contributed three goals in the game.

Link Copied to Clipboard