Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
brace
brace
Don't remember the 6-7 crossbar. Caitlin blocked two shots off the crossbar. I'll look for the rest on the film.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
brace
brace
Magical moment at the BR-Riverside game. Remember, Blue Ridge is a team that won 1 game three years ago and 2 games two years ago.

Riverside showed up at BR in their red unis. Well, BR had only black jerseys and red jerseys (no pants for either) at the first of this year. We used our uniform money for pants. Tells you something. As coach, I promised them if they made the playoffs that I would get them a set of white uniforms. Had them made, printed, and delivered by Lloyd's Soccer while on vacation earlier this week in three hours, and brought them in the trunk of my car to the game.

The highly nervous girls excitingly came to me and said that we had no unis to wear and that as home team we had to wear some other color. Ta Da! White unis, smiles, and another groups of girls who feel better about themselves.

This is fun.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
brace
brace
ROH—

I suspected as much about the shots, and know the uni dilemma well. Woodruff has had only the Maroon kit most of the years of the program, with a few years having an alt T-shirt. We also ran into having only one sock color a few times. . .

In fact, in the state champ last year, Woodruff girls wore their "yellow" T's instead of the Maroon jerseys to help with the heat. . .

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

Magical moment at the BR-Riverside game. Remember, Blue Ridge is a team that won 1 game three years ago and 2 games two years ago.

Riverside showed up at BR in their red unis. Well, BR had only black jerseys and red jerseys (no pants for either) at the first of this year. We used our uniform money for pants. Tells you something. As coach, I promised them if they made the playoffs that I would get them a set of white uniforms. Had them made, printed, and delivered by Lloyd's Soccer while on vacation earlier this week in three hours, and brought them in the trunk of my car to the game.

The highly nervous girls excitingly came to me and said that we had no unis to wear and that as home team we had to wear some other color. Ta Da! White unis, smiles, and another groups of girls who feel better about themselves.

This is fun.

Great story...moments like that mean a lot to them, often more than wins!

I can't think of a better reason to be involved in the sport...and you're right.

This is fun.

I've got good news and bad news...
corner kick
corner kick
I have been taking stats for a long time. I always have questions. These are a couple of stat rules I thought was interesting. 1. If a player takes a shot and it hits the cross bar deflects off and one of their own players shoots it in, the player that shot off the cross bar gets an assist. 2. Can there be two assist on a goal. The rules say yes. Yep it is possible if there is a one touch to another player that one touches it to the player that shoots there can be two assist. At least that is what the rules say. Very interesting I thought.

That there is an RV Clark......
brace
brace
The assist rule in soccer runs against the concept most people bring from basketball, where assists usually never out-total made shots. . .it is interesting as a soccer concept. . .

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard