Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Keith, teams are not allowed to play two regular season tournaments. Neither can an individual player (one for the JV and one for the Varsity).

Here is the paragraph from the soccer rules section of the SCHSL handbook:

Soccer teams are limited to 16 varsity matches and 12 junior varsity matches and two invitational
tournaments. One invitational tournament may be played one week prior to the first legal playing
date. The earliest date for a pre-season tournament is February 22. A school may play 18
varsity matches and one invitational tournament with a written request from the school
and approval from the League Office prior to the beginning of the soccer season.

I don't see anything that says the 2 tournaments can't be during the regular season.

World Cup
World Cup
Good then. I just learned something valuable. I knew you couldn't have two preseason so I assumed (yikes!) it was the same for regular season.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Besides playing a 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1, can anyone give a good summary of the game? Must have been exciting go to PK (a stupid way to end a HS regular season game). Who had good opportunities? Did one team look better and just not finish? etc.

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
corner kick
corner kick
Did my best in the "Post Results" section. Always interested in any other viewpoints

Doin' it the hard way...
S
coach
coach
S
realmccoy: Did Fort Mill run a 3-4-3 the entire game?

corner kick
corner kick
Yes, they did. At about the 60th minute, they moved some players around to different positions, but still played the 3-4-3.

Doin' it the hard way...
S
coach
coach
S
realmccoy: Thanks. One last dumb question: was the central defender moved at the 60th minute or did she stay at her position?

corner kick
corner kick
Moved up. One other observation about Clover: they were very good at double-teaming FM midfielders as they possessed the ball. Made it more difficult to maintain possession and move the ball around in the offense. Really looked like something they had been working on in practice.

Doin' it the hard way...
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
Guys, Clover has been working on that for weeks and it showed last night. Good double teaming all over the field. Clover was out shot, and gave away lots of corner kicks, and several direct kicks within easy scoring range, but FM couldn't finish anything. They had chances and overall kept lots of pressure on the Clover defense. But the Clover D held and looked good, with good goal keeping as well.
That being said, Clover also had chances, 1 open shot over the goal, several blown corner kicks, direct kicks. IMO FM got tired at the end of the first half and it showed. Clover held possession with ease for the last 10 of the first half.
2d half was 60% FM, 40% Clover IMO.
The OT's were uneventful.
Shoot out was a bit sad actually with neither team showing the poise to win in the first 5. FM finally converted the 8th shot of the PK's and that was good enough to end it.

Also, Clover played the game without Rachel.
Also, IMO FM fouled more that Clover and some of it was out of pure frustration. Also on the upside for Clover, none of their fans were ejected.
Lastly, I must say that the refs were calling almost every little bump as a foul. They also called obvious fouls but it sort of killed the game a bit.
This was suppose to be fairly easy for FM, It was not.
LVB

corner kick
corner kick
Maestro:
A request for a brief composition, if you will:
Please compare and contrast (didn't you love English class?) Clover's play last night against Fort Mill with Clover's play a few weeks ago against Nation Ford.

Doin' it the hard way...
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard