Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17
S
bench
bench
S
Can someone actually post a decent video of this play?
I dont see how some of you idiots think that that camera angle/not even being able to see the entire play can confirm that play as offside.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
....and here we have a three page debate with video but expect a ref to make the right call in a second....with no youtube video to watch time and again. I know that's what he gets paid to do and all that jazz but if it's that close of a call they will miss some. I know it hurts worse when the call is not your way and when it changes the tone of the game but I can't say I've seen too many perfectly called contest - In my opinion.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Here is your youtube video you requested:

Referee Highlights

B
goal
goal
B
Quote:

Bear, just be honest...it's one bad call in a string of bad calls this year.

I'm all for calling a bad call a bad call, but, in my opinion this video doesn't provide enough information for other un-biased viewers to make a determination.

Goal
Goal
Now for something completely different

Last night during a game between “A” and “B”, one of the “A” players tried to purposely run into (with malice) one of the “B” players. Luckily the “B” player was turned in just the right direction so that most of the force of the blow was transferred into just having the “B” player spin a 360. However once he came out of the 360, the ball was right in front of him and he cleared it. Unfortunately for the (same) “A” player, the cleared ball caught him right where boys don’t like to get caught.
The “A” player was carded for his part, but the “B” player was also carded (for what the ref said was retaliation). However at the time when “B” player tried to clear the ball, the whistle had not blown, so the ball was still in play.
So my question is: if the ball is in play, can you ever be penalize for kicking the ball into another player?

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
No. Sounds like another miserable call.

goal kick
goal kick
If a kid is fouled and gets up and kicks the ball at the other player, i would see that as retalliation, especially if the individual is rushing to get up and going at the person with the ball. Ref did the right thing by putting both players on the bench to cool off. In reality, a yellow card is not that big deal, and again, in a heated situation a good way to get both parties off the field to think about it. If it were to continue when they re-enter, you give them another yellow or red.

S
goal
goal
S
After what I have seen this year....anything is possible with SC High School referees. Consistency from one game to the next is something we can only dream of.

S
Brace
Brace
S
Just out of curiosity, are bad throw ins being called at all this year?? or are we letting that slide like the "travel" in basketball?? And as for the situation with player A and B, maybe the best was to get them off the game to cool off a little bit, even if it wasnt his intentions to kick the ball where it hurts

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
corner kick
corner kick
Ouch!

As me coach use to say
"Here son, you dropped these"

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard