Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
goal kick
goal kick
How far ahead is too far?
"Just kick the ball!"
LOL
I wonder how many refs read this? Does it encourage them to become better refs or cause them to be more lax?

Goal
OP Offline
Goal
Well, the whole point of the thread is to encourage better officiating throughout the state.

C
throw in
throw in
C
Quote:

Well, the whole point of the thread is to encourage better officiating throughout the state.

Well, if that is really the case, you sure went about it in the wrong way. What it was and has been is blast away with no plausible encouragement to better officiating. Fire them all, get rid of the dead weight and put an end to soccer in the state, except for those rare few schools that are part of the good ole boy system that seem to get the better officials, game in and game out.

Goal
OP Offline
Goal
Then what is the way to go about it? There are people who are on a power trip with no repercussions. Something has to be done. Putting their A on blast is the only way. Call it public awareness message

goal kick
goal kick
I take exception to the blast away with no plausible encouragement.
I have been and will continue to be the objective voice of reason. I have not blasted, but have encouraged people to think through their comments and game behavior toward the ref.

C
throw in
throw in
C
Exception noted.

How to go about it, I don't know...just like most of the you make the call questions, it depends. If you're in a position to influence change, then influence change, if not shut^&play.

goal kick
goal kick
Every year this same thing comes up. There are good refs and there are refs that a horrible. The good ones are rarely noticed, and the bad ones rarely decide a game, they just get everyone p**sed off. They make calls equally bad in both directions. The question is how to get consistently better refereeing, and identify those that are capable and encourage them to keep coming out.
How about each coach from each match turning in a review (ok, the winner thinks he's great, and the loser gives him zero's) but combine these with actual reviews from random, impartial and knowledgeable observers. Then add a written test for knowledge to get a class rating similar to coaching. If a school wants a class 'A' ref to center in their games, let them charge an extra dollar for admission and give the extra $100 to the ref. In most instances, you get what you pay for. I say we figure out how to identify excellence and pay for it.

I didn't do it, but if I had you never would have known.
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Last night I had one of my girls get pushed off the field past the bench into the fence. I could see it from the opposite side of the field. No call from near side ref or far side ref. I argued my point about protecting my players to no avail. Was told that they could not call a foul because the ball was dead and they could either call a foul or give a yellow card. I said pull the yellow card then. He then proceeded to tell me that I would be protecting my players from the parking lot if I said one more word!! Something has to be done!!!

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Another situation where having 3 ref (a center) would probably help. If the ref is any good, they would be pretty close to that kind of play. in a 2 man system, it is possible for the nearest ref to be 40 - 50 yards away. how can you really call anything from that distance?

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
Brace
Brace
I would be more than happy to put up the website to post reviews/assessments. Being a ref for the past 3 years I would love to get some constructive on-going feedback. I will check into getting a list of refs and assignors.

Rick Fielden
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard