Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17
I
goal
goal
I
Officiating is a tough deal for the High School refs. They do not get the center, and have 50 - 500 people looking on with"super fan goggles", not much unlike "beer goggles". I.E. you see what you want. Wishing officiating would get better, how would, could we the coaches and fans work toward a better end? _itching is not getting us anywhere.

J
Brace
Brace
J
look at the IHSA (illinois high school association) website. If you can get into the official area, you can see that we are rated by other officials and coaches. www.ihsa.org

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Officials let to much go in high school ball..Players would not get away with some of these antics in club ball.
Ankle hackers and players running thru players..I would say there are more injuries during H.S.ball than in the fall when we play club..A beauiful game? When teams are made up of mostly club players you see a game but most of the time it's just ankle hackers and everything is over the top.
Why don't they blow the whistle? Because the whistle would never leave their mouths

Goal
OP Offline
Goal
I have a question...

Are there "Do-Over" throw-ins in HS soccer for a foul throw?

I could swear there isn't but saw a bench almost get carded when they went ballistic on an official who gave the opposing team a do-over...

Sad.

Brace
Brace
No do-overs.

Rick Fielden
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
I think there is a do-over if the ref had held up play before the throw-in and the player took the throw-in before the ref signaled to resume play.

S
Brace
Brace
S
^^^^

only in that instance, but the example shut^&play put, it shouldn't be a do-over if you mess up on an initial throw in. At least thats what i've been taught. Once we're able to grade officials, then it will eliminate some issues. But the other issue that will come up is where are we going to get more officials from??? there's already some areas in the state that lack enough officials. We've been fortunate to have 3 at all our games so far, but if there's a limited number of refs in that area, and 25% get failing grades, where do we go to make up for them?

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
A
Kickoff
Kickoff
A
When can we rate the coaches? Some of the ones that I've seen down here in the Low Country are terrible, all they do is yell at players and they do not give them positive feedback, everything is negitive.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
you can start another thread with that one...

bench
bench
not sure if i mind the refs not calling some of the slide tackles and collisions in the middle of the field but when they won't call a blatant and obvious foul from behind, in the box, really ticks me off. also, it would seem there are about 6 different definitions of the off sides rule circulating between refs. i really wish someone would show them a rule book and describe how to make an accurate off sides call.

alcuni sono nati gloriosi
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard