Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
goal
goal
You can do that as soon as you learn to spell.

What's my name?! Chuck Norris doesn't get questions, he gets answers!
S
Brace
Brace
S
Quote:

When can we rate the coaches? Some of the ones that I've seen down here in the Low Country are terrible, all they do is yell at players and they do not give them positive feedback, everything is negitive.

That's with the school's AD and that's a matter that can be taken care of with the AD and the coach, not the league

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
bench
bench
which word did i misspell?....

alcuni sono nati gloriosi
C
Coach
Coach
C
I was checking the Arbiter (the website for requesting/assigning/listing officials) this morning when I noticed a link I had overlooked before: "Evaluate Officials."

Being the curious sort, and in light of the recent discussions here, of course I clicked it.

I was greeted, in bright red, by the statement, "No evaluations need to be filled out."

And an "Exit" button.

Kinda figure that says it all.

I've got good news and bad news...
G
throw in
throw in
G
Is the coach of a team that might have lost the best person to evaluate a referee that might have made several calls the coach was not happy about?

C
Coach
Coach
C
Sometimes not; depends on the coach and how objective he/she can be regardless of wins or losses. In an ideal world, the same person parents trust to educate and mold their children in the ways of sportsmanship wouldn't be the one to turn losing into a sour grapes vendetta against an official who was doing his job to the best of his ability. But then, I know we don't live in an ideal world.

Of course, the coach who may have just won and is grateful for the calls that went in his favor might not be the best person for the evaluation either...

Or the parents in the stands who want their kids to win and whose deepest understanding of the rules is, "we're supposed to get the ball!"

Or the players on the field who are competing not only with each other but with all manner of teenage struggles that may affect their objectivity...

Or even the other officials, who will probably not want to cause dissention amid the ranks and need to protect themselves from retaliatory bad evaluations...

Let's see...who does that leave?

I've got good news and bad news...
G
throw in
throw in
G
That's always the issue isn't it? The only independent system I know of is the assessor, and even those opinions are tempered. I have had several assessments and found them valuable, but outside creating an independent entity for grading officials it would be difficult to get an unbiased opinion as to the quality of a game that was officiated. Even then, you would have to have an official or a former offical do the evaluation as many of the coaches are not familiar with FIFA or HS rules. Any constructive suggestions would be welcome.

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
to be fair most high-school refs are not very good

G
throw in
throw in
G
How is that fair? Have you had "most high school refs" officiate your games? If you think that you can do a better job, take a course and become part of the solution. Frankly, I do not think that you will last a season when you find out what you have to deal with. Screaming coaches, obnoxious fans, and teenagers that apparently have not had much parenting based on their level of respect. We welcome your involvement.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

If you think that you can do a better job, take a course and become part of the solution

Achmed thinks that silly thing to say. Most of us peasants contribute to soccer in many ways already and not have time to ref.
Holy Crap - If doctor looks at Achmed’s toe when Achmed has sore throat, is Achmed not allowed to complain? Or does Achmed need doctor degree before complaining.
Why is it when good ref is around, there is not so much screaming coaches, obnoxious fans and badly parented teenagers?
If you did not want to go into the desert, why did you get on camel?

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard