Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
C
Coach
Coach
C
In our area, it's not always a financial thing when only two officials show. We have very conscientious assignors who try to get three for every match, including JV-only, but at some points there just are not enough to go around. We had a rescheduled match on Tuesday that ultimately had to be postponed because there were no officials to send, and they had already had to short a couple of schools to two officials. Not much that can be done about that...the pool is just not large enough sometimes to meet demands.

I've got good news and bad news...
brace
brace
Makes sense. I think we have a large pool of refs in Greenville. Haven't seen a game here yet postponed due to LOR (Lack of Refs) but it probably has happened.

Most missing refs at our place are because they can't find it in the rural hills of SC.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
How many refs in a football game? How much do they get paid?

B
goal
goal
B
Relevance?

C
Coach
Coach
C
I just wanted to compliment the team of officials we had at the Berkeley vs. Summerville match Wed. night. Although some of our fans took issue at times, I thought they took a good approach to the game. They allowed enough physical play to let the players, not the officials, decide the match; players were called aside and fouls were explained and expectations clarified before any cards were shown, and when players had continued infractions after being verbally warned, then the yellows came out. Calls for throw-ins and offsides were consistent and accurate for our game, and the officials maintained a positive attitude and good communication with me and my players throughout the match.

Credit where credit is due...in this case the losing coach is still a satisfied customer.

I've got good news and bad news...
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
$$$$ is the relevance I am curious how much it cost for a normal game.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Quote:

What's the deal with hiring three refs or two for a game? Financial only? It creates a distinct advantage for a "home" team that gets three refs for every game. Do the refs make the same money for those games?

Why does the home team have an advantage with 3 refs?

S
goal
goal
S
Coach Chass.....

Your comments are a perfect example why there should be a rating system for soccer referees. I would rather have an independent evaluation of the referrees. I believe the coaches would be the best to comment on a referrees abilities. For the most part I believe the coaches would keep their ratings professional and honest for the betterment of the game.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
"can never be offside on a throw-in" is not correct. The player receiving the ball is not off-side but if a teammate is in an offside position and that player subsequently receives the ball while still in an offside position, then it is off-side.

corner kick
corner kick
dhunter,
You give Achmed headache!
Do you work for IRS?

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard