Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Agree you can't tell from that angle. It looks as if the the back on the fare side of the field may have kept him onsides. Would certainly not crucify a ref for not calling that one. Were they playing with two refs or one center and two linesmen?

C
Coach
Coach
C
The hung over part, I believe.

When the ball comes into view, the receiving player has his feet just outside the 18. When the defending player on the far edge of the screen comes into view, his feet are just INSIDE the 18.

Now, where was he at the moment the ball was touched? Anybody's guess. Not on camera. If he was even with the line where he came into view, he had the receiver barely onsides. If he stepped back when the ball was played, offsides. From this camera view, the world will never know.

I've got good news and bad news...
Goal
Goal
While we are debating this, I must weigh in. The Chapin player seems to check back when he realizes he is in an offsides position and then drifts back into the offsides position when the ball 'seems' to be played (you cannot tell due to camera angle). The BC player enters pretty late and it looks like he's coming from up the field, not to the side. Also, you can see the BC players raising their hands asking for the offsides. I wish we could see when the ball was actually played, but based on this I think that the player is offside.

Victory Starts Here!
C
Coach
Coach
C
I agree, it does look like that last defender's first on-camera step may be backwards from upfield...still no way to tell for sure...I also noticed, though, that he is the only one who doesn't seem to be protesting the lack of a call, and the attacker seems to be looking in his direction when he checks back. Still room to call this one either way.

I've got good news and bad news...
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

While we are debating this, I must weigh in. The Chapin player seems to check back when he realizes he is in an offsides position and then drifts back into the offsides position when the ball 'seems' to be played (you cannot tell due to camera angle). The BC player enters pretty late and it looks like he's coming from up the field, not to the side. Also, you can see the BC players raising their hands asking for the offsides. I wish we could see when the ball was actually played, but based on this I think that the player is offside.

If we are going to use video to critique these games, I believe we may need more camera angles, better machines, and qualified operators...

Goal
Goal
I agree about the qualified operator. He needs to be fired (at least cut his salary in half). It appears as if he is just locked in on the 18 yard box. Oh wait, he is just locked in on the 18. How worthless is that. And the guy has three legs. However he is holding the camera pretty darn steady. It is as if the video was for some type of keeper training.
Fired, heck, I think we should put him out of his misery.

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
LOL .. and I thought I would get a response from my comment, glad to see some humor left

Goal
Goal
Quote:

glad to see some humor left

???? Did I ever lose it?
If I ever do, you can sic Achmed on me!!!!

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
Goal Kick
Goal Kick

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Who's offsides, the camera man, the ball, the player in the background, the keeper??? oh, the player that checked himself prior to taking off, man so many variables for a simple rule!

Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard