Next Thread
Print Thread
#97941 03/30/08 04:29 PM
R
bench
OP Offline
bench
R
The infamous first meeting of the season for these two rivals is Monday...any thoughts?

From what I have seen of both teams, I would have to say that Riverside has a slight edge over the Eagles; But usually with this game it comes down to which team can settle down and play their game the soonest.

brace
brace
Go if you can. Both of these teams are incredibly well organized, well coached, and classy.

Having played both, I predict they will both win state. That should keep either from getting mad at us.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
S
goal
goal
S
Riverside by 2 or 3 goals.

brace
brace
I don't believe you can bet against Andy or Terry or either group of these girls. Andy's Eastside is playing a lot of games and coming fast after graduating seniors last year, and they will be better every day. Terry has Sarah Jacobs, Austin, Miss Hagler (man can she fly!) and a roster of premier players. This will be A GAME. It might be closer than you think.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
S
throw in
throw in
S
Riverside 2
Eastside 0

R
bench
OP Offline
bench
R
A great showing from both teams. One of the most controlled Eastside/riverside games I have seen. Usually it is a frantic mess for the majority of the game but last night both teams were able to control the ball fairly well and get some passes together. Riverside controlled most of the first half with a few chances for eastside including a few free kicks from about 25 yards out.

The second half was full of chances from Riverside. I know Terry looks for every 1 in 5 shots to go in and I am sure last night did not help his statistics. Riverside had plenty of opportunities but was able to put in two great goals.

I can't wait till the next game! It will be great to see what Andy changes to try to come out on top during their next meeting.

S
goal
goal
S
I would be suprised to see the Moore girl play in the back during their rematch. She is much more effective in the middle. RHS controlled the game with Moore in the back, however when moved to the middle of the field EHS had many more opportunities.

Link Copied to Clipboard