Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Brace
Brace
Good thing we have video! The keeper came in via textbook style with hands leading. The official made the call from midfield (literally)! He simply witnessed the shot-miss and subsequent keeper/forward collision which was the afterthought.

Is there any type of peer review or evaluation for the high school officials? Could this guy end up doing a playoff match or state final?

I SHUDDER!

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Since there seems to be disagreemnet as to the proper call when we can all watch it in slow motion, how could you expect to sanction a ref no matter what call he made?

P
throw in
throw in
P
No way that's a penalty, let alone a card. The forward tries to go over goalie and he has his leg up like their told to cover as much area as possible. Why is goalie wearing shirt same color as other team?

philly #97972 03/31/08 12:28 AM
C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

No way that's a penalty, let alone a card. The forward tries to go over goalie and he has his leg up like their told to cover as much area as possible. Why is goalie wearing shirt same color as other team?

Valid question...the same shirt/shorts color combination on the keeper and the opposing team could make for confusion in identification on the field. Kinda surprised that wasn't addressed.

I'd agree with you on getting the leg up to cover area if only he'd gotten it up before the ball was already away.

I've got good news and bad news...
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
Quote:

Since there seems to be disagreemnet as to the proper call when we can all watch it in slow motion, how could you expect to sanction a ref no matter what call he made?

This is pretty much why I posted.
If we can't decide (and we see it in slow-motion), then how can a ref from mid-field make a call that is going to result in a PK?

BTW Here is the video at regular speed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A4X6_aEWUE

Notice the whistle and then how long it takes the ref to show up in the frame.
The call may be controversial, ergo in my opinion, should never had been called in the box.

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
C
Coach
Coach
C
True enough...hate to see a game potentially decided by a controversial call from a bad position. That is one of those situations where the official's call could win or lose the game for a team, and should only be made if he can be sure.

Wish the linesman hadn't gone out of the frame right before the hit; I was hoping to see if he reacted.

I've got good news and bad news...
kick off
kick off
The play looks far worse at full speed. However, I do think that the attacking player had already kicked the ball when the keeper did/did not take him out.

P
throw in
throw in
P
normally, you give a PK if the goalie fouls the player and stops him from a scoring opportunity, but here the ball is way over goal and the contact comes after that. It's hard for somebody, once they have gone down, with the intent to stop the ball, to just stop.

philly #97977 03/31/08 02:49 AM
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Quote:

Why is goalie wearing shirt same color as other team?

I agree there should be no excuse for the ref's to allow the keeper to wear a color so close the either of the teams. I have witnessed more pseudo calls on keepers this season than I can ever remember in over 15 years of watching high school soccer. It makes me wonder if this keeping a extra close eye on keepers directive came from the top?

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
no foul.. the forward already missed the goal and its kinda of hard to stop yourself while going into a tackle...

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard