Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
No replays allowed and decision rendered within seconds..Not a call I would want to make

coach
coach
Its clearly a foul on the Keep, based on the video. Shot is taken, ball not touched by keep, but he wipes out the kicker. Not many refs can slow down their vision to slow motion to see precisely what occurred, so its a judgement call on what was seen in real time.

I
goal
goal
I
It is clearly a foul on the keep. He committed to the slide and getting big as he could, take the consequences or stay or your feet. Keeper should get called just like everyone else, miss the ball, get the call.

goal
goal
Precisely.

J
Brace
Brace
J
OK, I watched the clip, and did not read any post after that. I am going to answer this post without reading anyone elses response. All that I can say is that I went to referee training the other day in Chicago and had Herb Silva, an MLS assessor and scheduler for MLS referees, do about five hours of training on specific fouls, and the repercussions of these fouls. One such foul was exactly like the one shown in that clip. It has been brought to the attention to the referees that do games at the premier league level and Academy level games that certain fouls have to be dealt with in a more severe way than we have been used to dealing with them in the past. This foul, as discussed for about 15 minutes, is a red card send off offense. This is coming from the MLS level. They want players that foul like this to have this behavior limited by the time they make it to the professional level. They do not want the $25,000 a year player taking out a $500,000 a year player because they have been allowed to before. Another intersting statement that I heard this last weekend is that the foul you don't do anything about, or not enough about on your field, you are saying is OK to continue to do on your field when you are officiating. I would have to say that I would not want this keeper to do this on my field, and I would send him off in an instant. Now you may ask why...what has the player done that would warrant his send off?

1) He comes in cleats blazing. His cleats are up=intent to hurt.

2) Reckless playing or lack of skill does not excuse a player for a foul as such.

3) There are mandates coming from the top referees and leagues in the United States to prevent these fouls from being the norm in a game. They are not to be tolerated. We will fail an assessment if a foul like this is not given a straight red.

This is about as simple as the calls get. Toss him, team down to 10 for a stupid player leading with cleats displayed looking like he has the intent to hurt the opposing player.

Now I will go back and read the other comments, and I may comment again soon.....

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
J
Brace
Brace
J
Cola fan...just want to comment on your leading with two feet comment. As was stated this weekend by Herb Silva, it only takes one straight leg to be dangerous. They are not to be tolerated. No straight legs coming in with the intent to injur are to be allowed. Again, straight red card offense.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
Whatever happened to protecting the keeper? If he's leading with the hands to ball and the player shanks the shot - as is the case here - the keeper has a right to protect his midsection doesn't he?

It's the mindset of "sending folks off" for crap like this that gives the officials a bad rap. They are guilty before the call is even made.

However, the slap down handball is allowed time and again with a simple play on. Sad commentary on today's officiating!

J
Brace
Brace
J
Samuel L Jackson. As a referee, it depends on your pregame conference as to what the center referee wants. He/She can actually say that everything in the box is theirs, and he doesn't want you to do anything as the AR unless he looks to you to see if the penalty was in the box or not. Simple fact that if you reffed, you might know the proceedure.

J
Brace
Brace
J
Bam Bam, why don't you email Herb Silva with your concerns...PM me and I can give you his personal email address.....

P
throw in
throw in
P
this is not the MSL, this is high school soccer.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard