Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
philly #97999 04/03/08 01:34 AM
J
Brace
Brace
J
I am stating what the upper referees want to have called at lower levels. I always hate the statement..."its not the English Premier League"...or is your case...."this is not the MLS"...but yet when it comes to game changing calls, you want the referee that can referee at the English Premier League level. Yet if that referee were to make the correct call, you would call him an idiot and would disregard his credentials. You only want things called that you think are the right ones, and that only affect your team in a positive manner. You talk out of both sides of your mouth...and it is annoying. I will go back to the old addage, go get your referee license, and I want to hear what you have to say in a year.

Last edited by Soccerboy; 04/03/08 03:06 AM.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
P
throw in
throw in
P
I' ve been a referee for 25 years and have my license. I was just trying to point out that you cannot call a High school game like a MSL game. How was I talking out both sides of my mouth? Moron!!!

philly #98001 04/03/08 02:08 AM
Goal
Goal
Soccerboy you must be one of those officials who thinks they're the show. May I point you to the other thread for your viewing pleasure.

J
Brace
Brace
J
Ah, but I must protest. I do not think I am the show. In fact I am one of those that does not draw attention to myself. I show up at least 30 minutes before the game, do the proper walk down of the field to make sure everything is safe for the kids. I then chat with the coaches, get stretched out, have my chat with my fellow officials, and then go out and do my thing. I know not all of my calls are going to make everyone happy, but that is because its a game played with emotion. I hardly ever hand out red cards, unless it is in an adult league...and when I am done, I pack my things up and go. Simple as that. I don't like to draw attention to me when I am on the field, the people are not there to watch the referee, they are there to watch the players. I am there to keep them safe.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
??? Offline
goal kick
goal kick
It is hard to take you seriously when u have such a dumb picture and name soccerboy...but i dont agree or disagree with anything that u have said, u just sound like an idiot...thanx

conform or perish

??? #98004 04/03/08 02:24 AM
P
throw in
throw in
P
Soccerboy, Give yourself a big pat on the back for doing your job.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Did my best to watch once full speed, watched it twice. Foul no doubt, hands or feet no matter contact was made. If the alibi is keeper protecting self, consider the following. The forward motion the keeper uses is an attacking not defensive posture. It's a gamble worth taking but the keeper lost this one.
A card? Last defender, scoring chance, it will be a Pk, all these add to a cautionable offense. Yellow.

J
Brace
Brace
J
Coach Tim, if you go with the last defender argument, and it is denying a goal scoring opportunity, you have no choice but to give the red per the rules....

Goal
OP Offline
Goal
Cleats Blazing, where do you see that. That's almost impossible if you are going in hands first.

OK, I have the hi-def video and here is what actually happened.

Right before the initial contact, the Keeper has both of his knees bent (cleats are actually pointing away from the forward). The Forward strikes the ball and then his right foot actually catches the underneath the Keepers right foot (the Keepers right knee is still bent and his cleats are still pointing backwards). Because of the Forward's foot catching the Keepers foot, this forces the Keepers leg to be extended, (giving the impression that the Keeper extending his leg to trip the Forward)

So put your Red Cards and your Yellow Cards away, and don't call a foul in the box from midfield unless you’re pretty darn sure.

"He not only takes pictures, he takes video"

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
C
Coach
Online Content
Coach
C
How does the forward's foot catching the keeper's foot "force" his leg to be extended? Pressure from the forward's foot in that direction would be toward bending the knee, not extending the leg...or so it would seem from the video posted. Also, as to "going in hands first"...the keeper may have started his run with his hands extended, but he appears to have his feet ahead of his hands by the time he contacts the attacker.

I'm not an official; I've never taken the classes. I'm in no way an expert. My only point of reference is from observing over the years what (fairly) consistently gets called on the field. Don't think I'd go with the "last defender/scoring opportunity" scenario for a straight red, since the ball was already away on a missed shot when the contact was made. The scoring opportunity was already blown. Not even sure I'd go with the yellow since it may have been unintentional contact just from going out hard for the ball, unless there had been previous incidents and the card was issued for persistent infringement. I would go with calling a foul, because missing ball and hitting player, whether it is intentional or accidental, is still a foul. It happened, regardless of intent. An official cannot always accurately assess the intent of a player; he can only call based on the result of the player's actions. PK is justifiable.

It's interesting to see the criteria people use to argue with a controversial call. If they disagree with what the official thought was reasonable for the situation, they cite the immutable letter of the rulebook. If they disagree with the consequences laid out in the rulebook, they cry for "reasonable interpretation."

I've got good news and bad news...
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard