Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Brace
Brace
Quote:

If they disagree with what the official thought was reasonable for the situation, they cite the immutable letter of the rulebook. If they disagree with the consequences laid out in the rulebook, they cry for "reasonable interpretation."

That's much like the interpretation of the Constitution. I didn't know high school soccer could be so volatile!?!?

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
Coach Chass
I was surprised my self on the extension, but being a physics kind of guy it tried a little experiment.

Take your right hand with your fist closed (thumb down) except for your index finger a little bit extended but still bent back (this represents the keepers leg). With your left hand (the forward) extend your index finger similar to the forward's foot/leg. With the tip of left index finger, catch the tip of your right index finger. Moving your hands at the approximate angle that the players are moving, and yup, you get and extension.

My vote stands, no yellow and, of course no red, and the ref should not call a foul in the box from midfield unless he is sure.

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
C
Coach
Coach
C
I agree wholeheartedly with the "unless he is sure" part...that's an awfully big role to play in the decison of a game without having a good angle to make the call.

I've got good news and bad news...
goal
goal
philly, you say you've been a ref for 25 years, yet you make the comment "it's hard for somebody, once they have gone down, with the intent to stop the ball, to just stop," as if that's an excuse for fouling someone (see my post above). and then, you pretty quickly call soccerboy a moron (anger management issues, maybe?). i can only hope that after 25 years of officiating, you have officially retired.

P
throw in
throw in
P
Belligerent, if you read soocerboy's earlier post, where he calls me a moron, I was just returning the favor. I plan on officiating for 25 more years, God willing. I love officiating soccer and take pride in my ability to do it. I was not making a excuse for the goalie, I was just sayibg that it is tough to stop once he makes the decision to go down.

brace
brace
If I didn't believe in total protection for all keepers worldwide, and if my son had not been a keeper, then I would say "Card!" but.........can't agree.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
goal
goal
philly, i'm still not sure what your point was with the comment about it being tough for the keeper to stop. it still sounds like you're inferring that it should not be a foul because he had already started his slide. whether or not it's difficult for him to stop his slide, once he has started, is irrelevant, so why mention it?

about the "moron" comment, i guess i just expect a little more from someone who says that he (or she) has been a referee for 25 years.

i have this picture in my mind:

coach: ref, you suck !!!
ref: coach, YOU suck !!!
coach: you suck MORE !!!
ref: no, YOU do !!!
AR: asphinctersayswhat?

ref & coach together: ???

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard