Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
World Cup
World Cup
Rivalry games are fun and can easily even the odds b/t teams. Scary game. Ron and Co. pulled up some of that previously mentioned magic and made it a grudge match. No comment on the pk as I complain against every call against us and love every one for us. I did learn tonight that Aiken High can play with anyone.

C
Coach
Coach
C
At Berkeley:

Berkeley 2
Goose Creek 0

Good, hard, physical play from two teams who both wanted the win. I think we saw some kind of record set tonight with 6 consecutive corner kicks alternating sides of the field; think I have a few more gray hairs after that one!

I've got good news and bad news...
World Cup
World Cup
Kudos to Chapin! Beating Irmo and DF and Swansea (in ot) and a close one to Lexington - well done! They'll only get more consistant under her eye and hot come playoff time!

W
throw in
throw in
W
Congratulations to Berkeley in their win over the creek. Who scored the goals and who had the shut out? (You can reply in 3 different posts to get that goal!)

C
Coach
Coach
C
Thanks! Kudos to the Creek as well...they came to play, and play hard they did. It's also good to see their numbers way up from a team that almost didn't have enough to play a couple of years ago. I offered to carry over an extra bench if they wouldn't all fit on what we had! Looks like the GC program is experiencing a revival, and it's good to see.

Goals for Berkeley were both scored by senior Emily Carter. This is only Emily's second year playing, and she's made great strides in a short time. Hard to believe it was just over a year ago when she got furious because someone hit her nice clean shirt with a muddy ball at practice! The goals were definitely a team effort; much-improved ball movement and placement not only by fellow senior Katie Black, but a host of freshmen and sophomores who continue to impress me.

Shutout (accompanied, according to Coach Blair, by some "mad ninja skills") was by junior Katelyn Harnage.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Oh, and so nobody feels left out...credit for the shutout has to be shared with a hard-digging back line consisting of junior sweeper Kayla Barwick and ouside defenders, senior Kat Motte and first-year-player/sophomore Caroline Smith. There are more players I could call out, and deserve to be, but enough name-dropping for one match...the rest of you want your names up in lights, you'll have to keep impressing me for the next post!

S
bench
bench
S
South Aiken vs. Aiken
Cross town rivalry matches are the best. Aiken is a small community so players and parents from both teams know each other, have played soccer together for years, and will probably be attending church together on Sunday. Bragging rights within the community were on the line so a lot of heart was put into the match by both teams. I think that is why the pk that was awarded was such a tough pill to swallow. It just wasn’t how anyone wanted the outcome of that match to be determined. I thought Ellen Bryan’s goal was amazing and am impressed with her passing and movement of the ball. South Aiken is a very good team and has some speed up top.
Final score South Aiken 2 – Aiken 1.

World Cup
World Cup
That was an impressive goal!

R
kick off
kick off
R
havent been to many games but did see the aiken. was worried in 1st half but i heard sa is playing much much better than last year & it showed in 2nd. coach at s aiken has done a much better job than the former one

pk seemed deserved to me

World Cup
World Cup
Girls are working hard. We've got three with 20 or more points and two keepers that average less than .75 goals a game. Tough defensive crew that have grown up a lot since 2007. Oh, and a bleacher full of good folks that would give ya the shirt off their or the chicken wing off their plate

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard