Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
S
bench
bench
S
Congrats to your teams AYSO. If this was their first tournament/match together you should be proud. Everybody has to start somewhere.

Football coach's comments are the reason soccer in the upstate of SC isn't growing like it should. Instead of congratulating fellow organizations you put them down. Seems like you are more interested in winning than in the development of the players.

I
goal
goal
I
Looks like you guys should have been in the top bracket, even though your were U9. That deserves a Congrats.

S
bench
bench
S
Congrats Luna-Chicks. Sounds like you had some hard fought matches.

I
goal
goal
I
Soccerluvr, your 1st post is all wrong. I was simply stating they were bragging about losing to an E team twice. If that is not funny, nothing is.

The Luna-Chicks should be congratulated and will have bright futures. Whatever model they are following others should study and learn to develop players. There is a big difference in U9 and U10 for girls. My hats off to them.

L
throw in
throw in
L
FYI

Saurez Soccer school twice a week
(Temoc Saurez + Staff)

I coach the 3rd day

Luna-Chicks

I
goal
goal
I
Real coaches get real results!! Thanks

Since, Soccerluvr, accused me of destroying SC soccer, I will take liberty to address this.

The AYSO ACT model, is DAD's coaching kids for 9 months, playing 2 or 3 tournaments. That is it. I do not see how this leads to great soccer players, to "their full potential". I do not see how it is inexpensive either, one of their stated goals. They are playing the most expensive games possible, tourneys.
It does not seem like everything is adding up. All the goals and objectives of this program do not look like they will get them what they want. Their record will show whats what over time. Hopefully, they will play in select brackets as OBD 15 pointed out.

Remember my 1st post, just pointing humor out, not putting them down, but since I found myself under the bus...

O
throw in
throw in
O
Back on topic....

If you got placed down in the rec brackets, it's probably simply because of the way you filled out your tournament application forms. Most clubs in the Carolinas are only familure with AYSO as a recreational program & they probably haven't heard the term ACT before so they wouldn't know to bump you up. Whomever filled out your form also probably was not familure with the team levels defined on the "application to host" document posted by MPSC on their web site so your group as well may not have known what level to request.

In the SCYSA, a maximum of 3 select players are permitted to be on a recreational roster and/or to play as guests on a tournament team in a recreational division. Since ACT is a select team (i.e. all the players are select players) it is not eligible to be included in recreational play. Since AYSO ACT is not part of the SCYSA (just like US Club soccer), by definition an ACT team is deemed an S4 level team and in the U10-U12 ages you should fill out your tournament application requesting Academy/Developmental play. At U13 & above, you should request classic play. This is not only in the best interest of the SCYSA recreational teams, but it is also in the best interest of your kids so that they will have to adapt to the skill side of the game. Being that you probably have your biggest, fastest, strongest kids on your ACT squads (as well you should) - if they continue to play in the recreational arena, they will succeed simply because of their physical abilities and will not have to learn to play possesion soccer and/or expand their game. The end result is that your kids will not development beyond the kick & run style because it works so well in this arena if you are simply faster / stronger than the other team, and I am sure that is not what you are trying to achieve. As Luna-Chicks inferred, get the kids in the right environment & perhaps your U10's will develop enought so that they too have to play up to find the quality of competition they need.

Good luck at your next outing. I hope some of this explains why I asked you the question I did. Didn't mean for this thread to take any other direction. PM me if you have any other questions about how the SCYSA tournaments work.

P.S. I sincerely meant the congrads & the desire for you kids to have fun playing against the USYSA teams.

I
goal
goal
I
WOW... Dude, if I go to jail, I am going to get you to be my lawyer

S
bench
bench
S
Football Coach - First of all I didn't accuse you of destroying soccer in SC but I do see your comments as non productive in trying to encourage youth to be involved in soccer, no matter what organization they choose. I checked out the website for AYSO722. Seems they are trying to develop players just as every soccer organization is trying to do. I also checked out their camp. Looks like they don't just have dad's coaching these kids. According to the camp they have professional/experienced players/coaches so why the hating on this program.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Quote:

Football Coach - First of all I didn't accuse you of destroying soccer in SC but I do see your comments as non productive in trying to encourage youth to be involved in soccer, no matter what organization they choose. I checked out the website for AYSO722. Seems they are trying to develop players just as every soccer organization is trying to do. I also checked out their camp. Looks like they don't just have dad's coaching these kids. According to the camp they have professional/experienced players/coaches so why the hating on this program.

His kid got cut

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard