Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
I
goal
goal
I
I am not going to continue down this path. This most likely will be my last post on this subject. (applause) 1st I wish the kids well. 2nd the adults seem to be zealous over what they are doing. May turn out good or bad, the record will do the speaking for the great stuff they are doing, or not. (Hopefully against select teams)

Why was everyone so quick to applaud Luna-Chicks? Playing up! HMMMM

still waiting on Dale Jr. to get his two cents in, or the last word...

H
goal kick
goal kick
H
Quote:

Well represented, first tourney of the year, both my girls and our boys!

http://www.gotsport.com/events/resultsgrid.aspx?EventID=2780&GroupID=42270
http://www.gotsport.com/events/resultsgrid.aspx?EventID=2780&GroupID=41994

I understand why you're proud of your girls for placing 2nd and congrats to them, but why did you put your select boys team into the lowest bracket? Not only did you put them in the lowest bracket you beat a team 8-0. To do that to a true U-10 rec team disrespectful and disgraceful. Hopefully you won't sandbag the next tournament, and you'll play in the appropriate bracket.

S
bench
bench
S
From the way I understood AYSO's post both of their teams were first timers. Everything on their website was done in March so this must be a new thing for them. Maybe they didn't realize that their boys were going to compete so well. I wouldn't think a team would intentionally "sandbag" a tournamnet. Just my thought.

H
goal kick
goal kick
H
There's no reason to take the best of what you can put together, and put them in a tournament for recreational teams. Even if you do you shouldn't beat a team 8-0 when the kids are only 9 & 10 years old.

A
bench
OP Offline
bench
A
Quote:

There's no reason to take the best of what you can put together, and put them in a tournament for recreational teams. Even if you do you shouldn't beat a team 8-0 when the kids are only 9 & 10 years old.

Whose kids are 9 and 10 years old? We know ours are..heck, we have one that JUST made it, barely 8 at the time then. She's a half foot to full foot SMALLER then everyother team we faced.
And if you would have watched the u-10 boys final (while our boys were out that morning), and the one MPSC white team telling ours good luck, and watch that maroon team, that they are dirty and not worthy of playing in that bracket, you'd understand. Obviously, you weren't there, don't know the background info on these 'other' teams either. So i'll take your post for what it's worth..useless.

A
bench
OP Offline
bench
A
Quote:

Guess we technically played up as well.
And i hope Dale Jr posts as well...my thread, so i'll make sure i have the last one.
Did Dale Jr stop racing, to start soccer here? Rednecks..racing..definetely not a mix with soccer, nevermind the beer and smoking on the way to the fields by 'star' coaches who never blossomed themselves as youth.

H
goal kick
goal kick
H
Well obviously all the kids were 9 and 10 being that it is a U-10 division. Ok it was actually SSC that you beat 8-0, and if the MPSC team you're reffering to is dirty and not worthy of playing in the bracket, then why did they back off on SSC and you didn't. I never personally have never heard a 10 year old say another team played dirty.

Last edited by High Flyer; 04/02/08 10:16 PM.
O
throw in
throw in
O
God, this thread is getting like a bad auto wreck. You don't want to look anymore, but you keep glancing back anyway...

Settle down folks.

soccerluvr,

I think you misunderstand what an AYSO ACT team is....

Quote:

Hi,
New here, looks like a great spot for soccer talk!
I'm with AYSO region 722 (Spartanburg area) and we have an A.C.T (advanced competition team) and pretty much practice 9 months of the year, in addition to the core season of regular play.
We are currently seeking a couple things. First, any scrimmages against other teams. I'm over the entire U-8 to U-12 goalkeepers, but our U-10 team is specifically looking for local or even within a 60 mile radius, teams to scrim against.
Also tournaments..we are doing a couple in March(Columbia and Charleston) and also a Knoxville, TN one in June.
But if anyone else can suggest where i can find any info or if anyone here is interested, please let me know.
Also working on a June-July tournament here in the local area, if we could get 10 teams or so together. Whether U-8 and up to U-19, or even just the U-8 through U-14 age group.

An ACT team is a group of players selected from the recreational teams that are in their league to play as a "super team". For example, you have 5 x U10 recreational teams. You take the top 10-11 players from the league and place them together for additional training / tournament play. The team may be "new", but some of the players probably have already been playing for half of their lives (since first season of micros).

That was the point of my original question / statement about the fairness dealing with putting them in a recreational bracket and why others are following up on this point. I wish I had just totally ignored this post, but since these guys are in my area I wanted to help guide them.

High Flyer,

I hope this was just a misunderstanding by AYSO of how the SCYSA tournaments are structured and how we handle our levels of play when they filed their level of play. I trust that it won't happen again, so this should be a dead subject.

Quote:

And i hope Dale Jr posts as well...my thread, so i'll make sure i have the last one.
Did Dale Jr stop racing, to start soccer here? Rednecks..racing..definetely not a mix with soccer, nevermind the beer and smoking on the way to the fields by 'star' coaches who never blossomed themselves as youth.

AYSO 722,

I will only defend you up to a point. I know you can't claim complete ignorance of the SCYSA structure as I explained that to you (and others in your region) in an email when you asked for scrimmages and even offered to help guide / assist you so as to make that happen. That (for everyone else's knowledge) is part of why I queried as to why you played down. Now you're taking potshots at DJ and you don't even know who that is - let alone that he hasn't even posted in this thread. Not a good way to win friends and influence people, IMHO.

I
goal
goal
I
thud, thud, there went his gloves...

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Quote:

Guess we technically played up as well.

Wow. For a guy thats just made his kids look bad, he sure is a fiesty little senorita!

And for the record, I never drink on the way to the field What I do afterwards is my business

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard