Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
O
throw in
throw in
O
I will not argue and I'm sorry you feel that way, but I will question the wisdom of directing 9 & 10 year olds to a public, high school soccer forum.

O
throw in
throw in
O
Here... I'll brag on the two new teams in our rec girls program I mentioned above. Feel free to make your comments....

Today was an optional practice day for these girls as it's spring break. It was a really busy day at work & I lost track of time & didn't notice the weather. I stepped outside a little before 4 pm and OMG.... It's spring break, it's cold, it's raining - just simply miserable - and practice starts at 4:30 pm. Since some of our select teams might have "big games" this weekend and the rain looked like it might break by 5:30 pm, I had to post on the weather line "the fields aren't closed, but you'll need to make your own decision about practice." So, I went to the fields with one of our coaches anyway. At 4:30 there were some pretty hard showers coming down. Can you believe 8 carloads of girls showed up between 4:30 & 4:45 for practice? I was absolutely blown away as I really couldn't see anyone wanting to get out in this stuff.

The enthusiam and attitude shown by these young ladies really impresses me - and mind you probably 1/2 of these girls have never played soccer on a team before (at least that's what they tell me). The younger team's record is probably 50:50 now after dropping our first 2 games (maybe better) and the older team has yet to win their first game - but they keep coming, training, and are definately improving (night & day difference from the first weeks at practice). Their smiles and gratitude makes this all worth while, and to me that's worth more than a whole case of trophies 10 feet tall.

Go get 'em Lady Dogs.

H
goal kick
goal kick
H
That's great that your girls are willing to come out even with those weather conditions. I wish your U-14 good luck, and as long as they still have that attitude they will eventually win one. Congrats to your U-12 team for being 50:50 after a 0-2 start, and some of them never playing before. Good Luck Dogs.

H
bench
bench
H
FB Coach - first off if you keep throwing these name swops out there then it is very easy to see your name swops throughout the threads. So dont even go there, need I bring out in open? Also, if you are going to throw stones at any coach trying to help kids develop then maybe you should take a look at your own. Sitting in cars, getting out smoking on the way to the fields. Trying to teach a team by playing ball tag. Hmmmm alot of strength building in that. I know maybe if the ACT team would have their coaches be at half of the practices like yours do then we could have the young kids come out there and play ball tag to kill time. I wonder if that would work for them too? Well from what I have seen it sure hasnt helped your team any. You know I dont even like going there but you bring it on yourself. Okay maybe a I am little grouchy in the mornings but the truth hurts.

Hooked #98469 04/04/08 10:36 AM
H
bench
bench
H
Obidiah - Like I said before I do appreciate your input on the post. However, FB Coach and High Flyer do not have the same intentions as you. They are here to bring themselves up not what this game is truly about. So I hope you have a good day and I am going to have to agree with AYSO and not allow these indivuduals to bring me down to their levels.

AYSO - keep on moving forward with your ACT teams. Dont allow anyone to bring you down. Some of these people seem to know more about how you created your teams then you do. So without really knowing they have no right to put your teams down. From what you say on this last weekend, sounds like you are moving in the right direction. Keep the kids interested, keep them active and keep on coaching because with those stats you have built a strong team that sounds like will be competing with all in the future. And that is what it is about. Kids having opportunities to compete and learn a new respect for the the game. Win or not you have got to get them playing time against kids their own age, level and the interaction with competition builds them strong. So next time you see your kids go out of your way to tell them how proud you are of them and keep on encouraging.

H
bench
bench
H
FB Coach - Let me first start by saying sorry for getting ugly in my posts. I dont mean to allow myself stoop to yalls levels. But be aware when you just put people down all it is doing is reflecting yourself especially when everyone knows who everyone is. Honestly, I wish you and your teams the best of luck. I hope you and HFlyer can work out your own God inferior attitudes and find it in your hearts to get back in this thing for the kids we originally do this kind of stuff for anyhow. I agree with Obidiah I try not to get involved in this subject anymore but something keeps pulling me back in. I am honestly going to try and stay out of this. Good Luck!

Hooked #98471 04/04/08 11:25 AM
World Cup
World Cup
Just hit the edit button and erase it if you wish to take it back. FB is a hard knocks club/Boiling Springs HS guy. Somewhere down deep I'm sure he means well.

H
bench
bench
H
Club might be but he is certainly not. I need to learn to use the edit I just cant make myself do it

Hooked #98473 04/04/08 01:55 PM
World Cup
World Cup
Beats posting and then apologizing right after

H
bench
bench
H
Probably right,it was more of an appology with intent

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard