Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
S
bench
bench
S
Ok, so the ACT teams get additional training and what's the difference in that and other programs. I personally know of a program in the upstate that is a club (not recreation at all) that sends teams to tournaments and places them in lower brackets just to win and they know the difference in the brackets. It's also bad that this certain club from your area brags about beating a younger team from their own program. At least this guy took his team to play someone from a different program in his own age group to give his kids the experience of a tournament. Sounds like sour grapes from the people dissing on him. I agree with GSDad...the people hating must have had a kid that got cut.

S
bench
bench
S
AYSO - don't let idiotic comments spoil your tournament experience. Not all of us are that ignorant.

H
bench
bench
H
Good Morning Everyone. I have to give a big congrats!! to the ACT teams. Being first tournament and first time the kids have been together shows their kids and coaches must be doing something right. In spite of the accusations some are making on this post. I just cant hold my tongue anymore but to me is seems Football Coach seems to be a little scared or jealous of this team. So while he is ROFLing maybe he needs to get off the floor and start coaching more. Wait is he a coach? ACT teams might just need to let him hold their trophies for a little bit, seems that is all he needs. Okay with that being said FB coach if your team places I would also give you a big Congrats! without any bashing toward your team. Everyone deserves to gloat when you win tournaments. Or for that matter, deserves to gloat when your kids show your coaches what they can bring together win or not.

H
bench
bench
H
High Flyer - How can you accuse this boys team of sandbagging when they didnt win the tournament? Wow that must have made the first and second place teams SandTruckin. A little thought to your comments would show they were put in the bracket that they should have been in. If they would have went and won every game by landslides then I could understand why you would say that. But this all sounds like people ganging up on a team that deserves a little cedit for teams that played well. Is that so hard for people these days. It sure shows some people are in this for themselves not to help these kids.

Hooked #98429 04/03/08 06:48 PM
O
throw in
throw in
O
Quote:

High Flyer - How can you accuse this boys team of sandbagging when they didnt win the tournament?

I've spent way too much time on this thread, but as half of these posts appear to be by the AYSO 722 crowd (either the originator or people that registered in the last couple days to specifically to post in this thread), I'll try to put this in terms / language that make sense to you.

AYSO tournaments can be chartered as "open" - i.e. "we take all comers" - or "closed" - i.e. only available to currently rostered recreational teams. SCYSA tournaments are often a blend of these two - and can have various sub-levels within it. In the simplest of terms, think of the AYSO term "open tournament" to equate to "academy" and "select" in USYSA tournaments. Whether a team is new or established, "select is select" and "stacked is stacked" whether you're winning or not. When Select teams play in a bracket that is deemed to be for rec teams, people are going to get upset - period. It's a "no win" situation even if you get to take home trophies.

Let's say AYSO puts on their end of season tournament. One of the clubs in this state takes their best kids from their own recreational league, organizes them into a team, and puts them in your recreational tournament. I emphasize - not placed in an open bracket, but rather in the non-select (what you call "balanced") bracket. They end up finishing 2nd, but during this run to the final match-up they pound one of the weaker teams that didn't even score during the entire tournament 8-0. Not only would you be less than impressed that the "stacked" team didn't finish first, but I would venture to guess that the coach/parents of the rec team that got pounded by the select team would be a bit peeved that it was even in their bracket.

That is my take on the "sand-bagging", "disrespectful" and "disgraceful" comments that HyFlyer made. There is an unwritten rule that you don't beat anybody in SCYSA rec soccer by that kind of margin. Some clubs even put their own coaches on notice that they can be suspended for doing such. The AYSO ACT team put in more than half of the goals scored during the tournament against this weaker team in just that one game. That is extremely demoralizing for a group of kids that are just learning how to play. Perhaps HyFlyer is the coach of that team and is having to deal with the repercussions, perhaps not - but you guys jump on him/her because they are not impressed by you and point out things you need to know and understand to be a part of this community.

This thread was started by someone new on the board patting themselves on their back about tournament victories. I'm sorry, but I don't accept the argument that it was for the purpose of congratulating thier kids as the U10 kids are not even on this forum. It was boastful - simple as that. Far too often, adults seem to make a mess out of a kid's game when they get involved. It's not about winning, it's about playing - and playing against the appropriate opponents. Winning should never come before fun and development at this age. (Got to be careful... I feel like I'm starting to climb up on my soap box, and at my age my heart may not take that ) That's why many here are more impressed with Luna-Chicks 0-3 record versus a 3-0 record. We all know what that means long term so long as the coach keeps it fun for the girls.

I am done with this subject. I thought I was yesterday, but I thought I'd take one last stab at trying to help the AYSO crowd understand where some people are coming from. Pick apart what I've said.... Just maybe some of this will sink in. Since AYSO has claimed this thread as their's and demanded the last post, continue as you will....

Thanks for listening.

[edited to add...] So Soccerluvr reveals themself as ACT now. It was pretty transparent, but certainly nice to know I can still read between the lines.

Last edited by Obadiah 15; 04/03/08 07:29 PM.
I
goal
goal
I
well written, are you a lawyer? could be mine...

Soccerluver name change to ACT, HMMMM

L
throw in
throw in
L
I just wanted to explain why the U-9G Luna-Chicks have only played top level u-10 tournaments

1) as u-8 we played in the LSYSA u-9 division going undefeated
2) as 8's, we won the Chas United u-9/u-10 tournament division (2nd grade playing 4th)
3) as 9's (Fall 07) we played the u-9 division Sandlapper and went undefeated 65 goals for and 6 +/- against. We also only lost 1 game in crossovers in the 10 division (our new rival CUFC u-10 Black)

4) for the Spring of 08 I, as a coach, decided that 1,2,and 3 would not be beneficial to the growth of this team. So we entered the u-10 Sandlapper division. We are now 2-1-3 (one loss and 3 ties) This is what competition is about.

5) as a result, CUFC and MPSC would not play us in the middle u-10 divisions.

6) we will now play the u-9 division in 10 days at the BFA tournament. We do this only because 1) my girls need a break - playing on your heals to the size of the girls we are playing is taking a toll. and 2) Lake Norman is sending probably one of the best u-9 teams from Charlotte.

7) State cup is next - I have offered to play in either the u-9Rec, U-9 Academy or u-10 Rec.

Not a complicated plan, but with the Saurez training that we have received, EVERYONE is happy (including the parents)

98G Luna-Chicks

FYI 1/2 my team is still 8 - - All are u-9
WE ARE A TRUE REC TEAM IN THE LAND OF ACADEMY -
(guilty of coaching a team since u-5 as charged)

C
Goal
Goal
C
I'm not sure how everybody defines a "REC" team. I'm a rec team coach. My team is selected by the rec department. I have no say as to my players. I'm given a roster by the rec department and told to go at it.

Is that how it works with the chicks or do you select your players?

L
throw in
throw in
L
We are a small club 1 or 2 teams per gender per age group.

We only have 2 u-9 girl teams, 1 u-10G team and 1 u-11G team
A little larger on the boys side

Top that with I am a Dad = volunteer

Every once in a while a special group comes around.

H
bench
bench
H
Obadiah - each comment you have made you have made a respectable point in a manner that doesnt seem to offend people and most can respect. For that I appreciate very much. I dont think I would have even commented in this post had 2 of the people not just jumped in with negative comments towards a great organization. They were not repecting the fact he/she was expressing excitment when the truth of the matter is they were just taking bad jabs at an organization. IN my opionion this individual was proud of their accomplishments and a little confidence goes a long ways with kids and coaches. These 2 that threw uneeded jabs did not want to hear anything positive about AYSO teams they just wanted to put the organization out of jealousy. I still think AYSO ought to be commended for the kids they took to the tournament.

I dont mean to pick apart your post I just want to make another comment without taking away from what you say. Honestly in yours and others opinions is it more degrading for the parents and kids to have the opposing team dribbling back and forth for the whole half of the game making the other team look terrible never touching the ball. I see that way to often and it irritates me to no end. I have seen some dribble down stop the ball in front of the goal then turn around and run back leaving the ball there. I feel it would be better to the players to have them score on you than have them just make you look like first time players out there.

Now you say it seems like a bunch of AYSO people out there but it is not about that. It about FB Coach just jumping in this starting the bashing "ROFLing" and then say he is not going down this road anymore.That is very cowardly to jab and run. And then just opening the door for JR to come in and say bad things. So really, who is making this an ugly thread?

I support ALL kids playing soccer. Unfortunately our area has become Organization vs. organization. Too bad it has to come to that. I honestly wish the best of luck to EVERY team out there. What happened to kids just having fun? It only takes a couple to ruin it.

Thanks

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard