Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
C
Cat Offline
bench
bench
C
Our goalie took a BIG hit to the head. She was seeing stars for quite awhile after that. She is fine now. Thanks for asking about her. Although the score doesn't reflect it I thought the Greer girls did a great job trying to keep up. They never gave up. Greer didn't have any subs that game. They were exhausted but kept at it. I don't remember exactly when the goalie got hurt because it seemed like that game went on forever but it was during the second half. I was really nervous after she got hurt and we played a player down after that. I was ready for the refs to blow the final whistle. We play in a region with great teams.

D
Goal
Goal
D
17-0 is an ugly score, and I would not have expected such a score from Wade Hampton. I know many of the parents, and I am sure there were quite a few lectures at home after the game. 17-0 could/should have been avoided, but so could/should the other double-digit margins already recorded around the state this year.

Given that tie breakers may vary from one region to the next, can anyone site the tie breakers for Region II-AAA if required to determine the 4th place team included in the playoffs.

WHS vs. Greer is a regional game. Blue Ridge is in the same region. If Blue Ridge defeats WHS in their second meeting on the 14th, the BR and WHS teams (barring "on any given day" upsets) will probably finish regional play at 5-7 and tied for 4th place. Which team would go to the playoffs? BR is building up shutouts (strange record thus far, all games win or lose have been shutouts), WHS just put +17 in the goal differential column.

In the Region II-AAA rules is there any incentive for WHS to allow a score to reach 17-0?

brace
brace
No incentive. Unless WH and Greer tied, which is not likely, there is no incentive. The tiebreaker is the head-to-head record, and then goals given up in region competition as I understand it.

No explanable reason for that score except the obvious one.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
D
dew Offline
bench
bench
D
After reading some of your post on other scsoccer topics you state you are the Blue Ridge coach. Why make the statements you do as a coach in the same region as the WH coach? I found that you to have "run up the score" 13-0 against nonregion Berea and you leave out of your post that you are the coach of Blue Ridge.

Also, in a Greenville newspaper article Sumwalt has had "she's had seven hat tricks this year." Of the teams "33 goals recorded" one player has scored what 65+/- percent of the entire teams goals! BR record is 6-3 and ranked 13 in state!
http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dl...STATESPORTS0213

Before blasting a fellow region team/coach in your post you might have atleast mentioned your title with Blue Ridge.

You did not leave it out in your other post under different topics!

Also, interesting fact Blue Ridge(#13) is ranked higher than Wade Hampton(#15 was NR)and Wade Hampton beat BR 4-0 as a region game!

Just thought inquiring minds would want to know!!

dew #98522 04/03/08 04:43 PM
World Cup
World Cup
So...someone has to state their name and affiliation every time they post? Kinda...crazy don't you think? And what does a quality forward have to do with Wade Hampton going ape on another team 17-0? I think we're trying to cause a distraction here to cover up the real issue of why the score was so lopsided.

dew #98523 04/03/08 04:44 PM
Goal
Goal
What can a coach/team do? I understand that pulling off starters and letting bench players have P.T. relieves offensive pressure but what else could have been done? Also the coach limited them to a number of passes before a shot could be taken. There is only so much that can be done before another score is made.

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

What can a coach/team do? I understand that pulling off starters and letting bench players have P.T. relieves offensive pressure but what else could have been done? Also the coach limited them to a number of passes before a shot could be taken. There is only so much that can be done before another score is made.

If there is nothing else a coach can do then why are other lopsided match ups showing classier results?

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Here is an idea that no one has suggested.
If you are in a game that won't be competitive at all, start the game with restrictions. Touch restriction, everytime you play the ball you must overlap, etc. That would make it more challenging from the beginning. That way you may not have to play keep away for 30 minutes because it will take you 80 minutes to score 8 or 9 goals using these restrictions.

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
World Cup
World Cup
Very true!

Goal
Goal
I agree. Before one game, I heard a coach talking to his team and told them that they would have touch restrictions and shot restrictions. He also said once they were up 4-0 that scoring could only occur by headers and crossing. The final score was 8 - 0. Bench players were able to play 50% of the game and their was good sportsmanship by both teams.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard