Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
corner kick
corner kick
Do you have a throbbing vein when you get angry? That was a really effective terror-inducer in one of my old coaches. It'd be half-time and if the vein in his temple was pulsing, we knew we were in for it.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
C
Coach
Coach
C
My indicator is apparently my hat...if it's undisturbed, all is well. When my hand goes to the bill, it's the first warning sign...when I keep adjusting it, it's a tad worse...and if it gets snatched off, everyone takes a step back. I once went to a practice bare-headed...the team told me I HAD to wear a hat from then on out so they had some warning when to tighten up!

I've got good news and bad news...
C
Coach
Coach
C
Funny story from club practice...I coached a U-17 classic team last year, and I had a light pole picked out across the field as the target for "focusing runs" when they got a little distracted at practice...

One evening several of the girls got talkative in the huddle while I was explaining an adjustment we had to make...I hadn't said a word and wasn't really conscious of it, but apparently I looked up at the light pole and my hand started going up for the hat...one of my girls saw it, went, "OH, NONONONONONO-awwwww..." and just started running, taking the rest of the team with her.

Amber, if you're out there reading this, miss ya!

I've got good news and bad news...
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
dbsandis:
If that's the case, what does that say about the quality of HS soccer? anybody? anybody?

Actually say's nothing about the quality of SC HS soccer. But Coach Chass says it all, with his response.

Last edited by dbsandis; 04/06/08 12:31 AM.
World Cup
World Cup
SF's been drinking too early in the day

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
The sickness seems to be spreading. Hanna put up 17 on Laurens.

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
D
Goal
Goal
D
Heard from one of the parents at the game that TL Hanna was only playing with 6 field players at the end of the game even though the other coach had asked the TL Hanna coach not to back off and play a lot of restrictions.

Question... If a school is struggling to develop a program, and rezoning, relegation, etc. really aren't possibilities, is there any rule that says the team has to play varsity? Can a school field just one team and declare it a junior varsity to provide a little more opportunity for success, while it builds toward one day entering the varsity arena?

Then, any team playing a varsity schedule would need to lace 'em up and come to play. Good sportsmanship should always prevail, and I think coaches are trying. However, I don't think scores like these will be eliminated in the near future.

World Cup
World Cup
It was 7 players (that's as few as the officials will allow) and the coach asked for no mercy. With a new facility and a win or two already on the season, it is hoped that a few humbling experiences will bring out the "want to" and desire to find a fall soccer team.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Heard from one of the parents at the game that TL Hanna was only playing with 6 field players at the end of the game...

Quote:

It was 7 players (that's as few as the officials will allow) ...

6 field players plus 1 goalkeeper = 7 players. The referee will also not allow you to play without a goalkeeper.

A
throw in
throw in
A
Quote:

Question... If a school is struggling to develop a program, and rezoning, relegation, etc. really aren't possibilities, is there any rule that says the team has to play varsity? Can a school field just one team and declare it a junior varsity to provide a little more opportunity for success, while it builds toward one day entering the varsity arena?

Yes...if the start up program is smart, that's the way to do it.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard