Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
Goal
Goal
L
Quote:

Any schools—private or public—that have attendance policies that include students/athletes OUTSIDE the zoned attendance area should be automatically AAAA. Period.

yep and if they (BE) had a football team they wouldn't be playing any sports in the schsl.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Any schools—private or public—that have attendance policies that include students/athletes OUTSIDE the zoned attendance area should be automatically AAAA. Period.

I don't think I understand this one. Since private schools don't have zoned attendance areas, how can they be considered to have "students/athletes OUTSIDE the zoned attendance area" which does not exist?

Coach P #98682 04/04/08 11:08 PM
brace
brace
All private schools lie within zones that exist for the closest public schools right? While that attendance zone doesn't apply to the private schools technically, it SHOULD if they wish to participate with public schools that do have to abide by those restrictions.

Many private schools do NOT choose to participate with public schools, thus they all play by the same rules.

Currently, some private schools are allowed to participate with public schools but live by different rules (both academic and athletic).

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
C
Coach
Online Content
Coach
C
Here's what the League has to say, from the SCHSL Constitution, page A-28:

POLICIES GOVERNING CONTESTS WITH NON-PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOLS
Non-public high schools are either members or non-members insofar as the League's rules and
regulations are concerned. The non-public schools that are members of the League must abide by all
rules and regulations of the League. The non-member schools must follow only minimum requirements
in order to compete with member schools.
LEAGUE MEMBERSHIP - A non-public high school may become a member of the League if such
school is accredited by the Southern Association of Secondary Schools and Colleges and the principal
of the school agrees to conform to all rules and regulations of the League.

Before being considered as a member of the League, the non-public school must clearly define its
attendance area as one of the following: (1) the attendance area of the public school in whose
attendance area the school is located, (2) the school district in which the school is located, and (3) the
county in which the school is located.

Now, defining your attendance area as an entire district or county isn't quite the same as having it restricted to a single-school attendance area in most cases...but it is considered legal by the League. So, a private school can RECRUIT from a multiple-4A attendance zone, but as long as they only ACCEPT 2A numbers, that's where they compete.

Hm. Why would anyone consider that an unequal advantage?

I've got good news and bad news...
Coach Chass #98684 04/05/08 03:18 AM
W
throw in
throw in
W
Coach Chass, sorry, my comment was more of disrepect for how the region matchups are put together than for an individual school. I'm sure our football opponents don't mind seeing Wando in their region.

Scoring goals is kinda the intent of the game, but after about 4 goals it becomes more uncomfortable than fun .
Especially against a well liked coach and a group of girls that give it all they've got.

Best of luck to your girls the rest of the season! I hope you win the rest of your games. Except the rematch on the 15th. We don't need that much "fun".

WandoFan #98685 04/05/08 03:59 AM
C
Coach
Online Content
Coach
C
No offense taken; I understand the dilemma on both sides! Everyone would benefit from a balanced, competitive challenge; it's really no fun for good, sportsmanlike people to be on either side of an uneven matchup. Plus the fact that a top-level team will be better off come playoffs time if they've honed themselves against strong competition in the regular season.

I really think teams like mine benefit more from playing teams like Wando than the other way around; we've gotten better by playing against some of the best--having something to reach for is a good thing.

And seriously...we will do our best to make it a little more fun next time around--for your sake and ours!

Coach Chass #98686 04/05/08 04:22 AM
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Alright, I want in on the group hug!

Coach Young #98687 04/05/08 04:27 AM
C
Coach
Online Content
Coach
C
Aw, c'mere, ya big lug...

Coach Chass #98688 04/05/08 11:15 AM
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Coach chass
Your school is defined by attendence zones and you can recruit outside of that zone BUT that family has to move within your zone to play for you..Say I start a private school on main st in Moncks Corner and I want a competitive girls soccer program...I get to recruit within any zone I want AND the families do not have to live in a zoned area..they just have to provide transportation to my school just blocks away from your school...Sound fair to you?

Last edited by coldhardtruth; 04/05/08 11:19 AM.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Does beating up on 2A schools make B.E. better? The ability to bring players from anywhere does...They should play where they would have some competition to get better.
Down here that would be 4A ball.
Playing the stronger teams does not always make you better when you can never find a way to win.Your disadvantage is no soccer club in the area so your players are not getting soccer year round at competitive levels

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard