Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#98760 04/04/08 07:00 PM
goal
OP Offline
goal
Who does everyone think are some of the best coaches? Not only as a coach, but also as a person.

I go with Savitz. I have only heard good things about him and he seemed very nice when I saw/spoke with him. Also by the look of his record he is a top notch coach.

I also think Coach Wren is a great coach. He is young and has started his career as a head coach out rather nicely. 2 championship appearances and 1 state title. Not too shabby. He is also an exceptional person.

I hope my children have the opportunity to play for or play for someone like those two gentlemen.

S
bench
bench
S
Definately add Coach Suarez from Socastee High to that list.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Coach Savitz hands down is the best State coach, and maybe the Nation!! I have had the privilege of working under him, and have seen him work closely with kids of all ages. He is very personable, and knows how to teach and motivate his players and fellow coaches.

SV-Dad #98763 04/05/08 01:46 AM
S
throw in
throw in
S
Ill have to go with Coach Savitz i grew up watching him coach against my dad he has a great way of managing his players, he also is very good at getting his players ready for a game.

Sharpe Man #98764 04/05/08 06:08 AM
M
bench
bench
M
You are all insane if you dont include Frank Riddlehoover, William Hoesea,Dickie Smith, Ted Miller, Tom Reiley, Memo Suarez, Kevin Heise, Anthony Pelton,Wayne Quinlan, Troy Bennage, Scott Ruggles, Ron Brady......these are the guys who made SC soccer legit. If you have a wise ass remark about any of these "trailblazers" you are way out of line. These men have paved a way for SC soccer. Coach Savits is a great "coach" and certainly well recognized but outside of IRMO,what has he done for the cause, NOTHING!!! These other "godfathers" have single Handledly given thier lives to SC prep soccer.

Thanks to these FINE men for working for the right cause, THE KIDS!

I'm gonna brake you up just like Eduardo.
S
throw in
throw in
S
Memo Suarez has to be climbing the ladder of the greats in this state with two Championship game showings in three years in 3A. They may not have come away with victories in those but he must be doing something right since he has made the playoffs every year in some capacity since 2001. I believe that his love of the game rubs off onto the players too! As well as his coaching of the youth in the various youth leagues. They all seem to want to play for Suarez when it is all said and done. A great Coach for sure...should only get better as time goes on. FYI - He is a heck of a Spanish Teacher too.

S
throw in
throw in
S

Of the 4 Listed Below...Who is the Best Coach in the State?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 04/05/08 04:00 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
SHSsoccer #98767 04/05/08 11:10 AM
brace
brace
"Best Coach" is not a small list in this state. You can look in any region and find coaches who are "best" for their teams, coaches who could coach against anyone in the nation, clubs that have been built by great coaches, etc.

Terry Archenhold at Riverside, Andy Robinson at Eastside, Gwen from J.L. Mann, and Jay Crane from Wade Hampton....programs anyone would admire, coaches the players love, players who have gone on to huge heights but more importantly are really confident, great kids.

Then you get to play in Andy Bean's first class tournament in Lugoff-Elgin and see how he does things.....

Watch Hank Deer coach so well, play so respectfully, win so much....

The wonderful thing about SC Girls' soccer is that there are a hundred "great coaches".

OK Dale Jr., group hug, but it's true.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
What? No Paul Waters?

BamBam #98769 04/05/08 08:18 PM
goal
OP Offline
goal
All of the coaches mentioned are quality.

And M. Taylor, easy killer.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard