Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
One name I haven't seen mentioned is Dick Hiller of Chapin. He must be doing something right as he has consistently had top teams.

I would also give a nod to Kevin Heise as he has taken a not so soccer rich section of the midlands and managed to produce a winning program year after year.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
M. Taylor then you have never met Coach Savitz...and apparently I must be insane! I have nothing against the other coaches on your list. Mine was but a single vote, which I stand by: Coach Savitz is ONE of the best SC coaches.

SV-Dad #98772 04/06/08 01:20 AM
brace
brace
Heard of Coach Savitz but haven't had the privilege of meeting him. Must be a winner.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Heard of Coach Savitz but haven't had the privilege of meeting him. Must be a winner.

Hug given!

Savitz has more championships than I have total victories. Heise does more in a week for the soccer community than I've done in 7 years. Humbling being around those guys for sure. Terry is a good buddy, and Waters is my man. Like you said, too many to list!

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
m. taylor, while these trailblazers have enabled some form of advancement in prep soccer, savitz has been the best true coach over the years, look at his record, it speaks for itself, the coaches you have on your list are not the best coaches overall, i played for a couple of them, one for hs and 2 for north/south and i was not impressed in the slightest, no offense i appreciate everything they have done, its just time for them to step aside and let the younger generation of better coaches take over

K
throw in
throw in
K
Quote:

its just time for them to step aside and let the younger generation of better coaches take over

And who do you think these "younger generation" coaches learned their tricks from?

I'm not here to nominate or cast my vote on any one particular coach (I've had the same coach through HS and club for the last three years...I'm a little biased...) but I will say, as a player, what I think makes a coach one of the best--that is the ability to not just make players better, but make them WANT to be better. Regardless of his/her win-loss record, or how many championship appearances he/she has...if they can get players to strive to make themselves better, they're one of the best in my book. It's easy to teach a skill; it's much more difficult to "teach" something like determination.

KHarnage #98776 04/06/08 06:16 AM
M
bench
bench
M
OK all you Kool Aid Drinkers, name me one thing savitz has done for the SC soccer community that didnt involve him being the coach of north south? Who couldnt win with the teams he had in the 90s(other than spring valley). I mean come on he had 12-15 soccer players whi9le the rest of us had 2-3. Furthermore look at the recent results with the talent pool a bit more even.

To the wizzard, what are the "younger" coaches gonna do? What have they done but offer unfullfilled promises. Until one of them step to the plate and help the game outside of their respective teams dont even talk to me.

And yes his record is impressive no doubt but at the HS level "coaching" is more than wins and loses. I simply ask what has he given back to the game? Answer me that.

Last edited by M. Taylor; 04/06/08 06:30 AM.

I'm gonna brake you up just like Eduardo.
M. Taylor #98777 04/06/08 07:17 AM
C
Coach
Coach
C
Once...just once...could we ALL have the maturity, courtesy, and sportsmanship to allow a thread where people can be praised without also trying to tear people down? Maybe say something positive about the people/programs we like and admire without trying to justify it by saying something negative about the others?

Just a thought. I know it's way out there, but I'm known for reaching for the unreachable.

I've got good news and bad news...
corner kick
corner kick
Me vote for Coach Chass
For his dedicated posting at all hours of the night :-)

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
Brace
Brace
What about Ed Khouri at BE? He's always had great teams there.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard