Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
T
Hey folks... in the "worst field post" I mentioned that we- Blythewood- are not allowed to play in the "Big Stadium" which is for football only. Well, someone told me that they think we are the only school district not allowed to play in the football stadium which makes me raise this question.

What other schools are locked out of playing in the football stadium or some other field that would be a better place to play their games?

Or-- what schools like Sumter High have their own soccer specific field for games where no other sport practices?

Someone else suggested that this is a violation of Title 9 rules/regulations. Opinions if you have them.....

I realize that some schools are limited in the options of where they have to play/practice, so I am asking specifically about situations where teams are prevented from using a better facility even though it is not being used by anyone else.

Thanks in advance,

tk

Tony King
N
throw in
throw in
N
Rock hill cant play in district 3 stadium which is shared by NW and RH football teams...
Rock Hill "used" to have their own field, but it was turned into a football practice field. Now they play at the middle school football field for the past two years...

Rock Hill Soccer Fan
goal kick
goal kick
We are building a new stadium at the High School. They tore down the old stadium along with the bathrooms that were underneath. We have been playing at the old facilities this year as they finish the new one. We have used port-a-johns all season. They have offered to make this the soccer stadium for us. It wouldn't be bad if they would build us some new restrooms. I'm not complaining though, it could be worse.

Last edited by kickittome; 04/07/08 12:14 AM.
bench
bench
Lexington has a nice stadium being built that could have easily been completed by this years soccer season but instead is being saved for next year so that their lousy football team can be the first to play on the field

alcuni sono nati gloriosi
throw in
throw in
We at EC are lucky, we get to play at the school on the football practice field. I know that at Lewisville they are allowed to play on the football field, but not allowed to prcatice there, they have to use a non athletic field down the street to practice on because the AD/ head football coach doesn't want them to tear up the field.
As for title IX it just states there must be equal opportunity for boys and girls so I don't think it comes into play here. If it said that all sports needed to be treated equally then Stone stadium would need to add about 75,000 seats.

Link Copied to Clipboard