Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
World Cup
World Cup
p.s. I'm going to start a campaign for you, Cantona, and Keith Morris to be the next North/South coaches/assistants. Our name is:

Cesar
Robles
And
Photographically Challenged
Morris for
Exciting
North/South Coach

The first meeting of CRAP MEN will be next Saturday.

S
coach
coach
S
Quote:

Maybe both teams were playing...GASP...long ball

If it works for the teams in the EPL, I think it's good enough for us in HS.

In my humble opinion...

The number of teams, and players, capable of playing a controlled "long ball" strategy in South Carolina high school girls soccer is not large. The fundamental difference between "boom ball" and "long ball" is that long ball implies both skill and strategy, while "boom ball" is best characterized by an instinctive reaction to kick the ball as hard as you can somewhere, anywhere, that you're not.

C
Brace
Online Content
Brace
C
Quote:

p.s. I'm going to start a campaign for you, Cantona, and Keith Morris to be the next North/South coaches/assistants. Our name is:

Cesar
Robles
And
Photographically Challenged
Morris for
Exciting
North/South Coach

The first meeting of CRAP MEN will be next Saturday.

Dale--Sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.....

World Cup
World Cup
Sure, sure, agreed. I've seen the back up, run up and kick the ball high to the parent's "Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh" and "oooooooohhhhhh". I've just got an issue with saying possession is the only way to go. I just find it hard to believe these two top teams were merely stupefied by some unknown being to suddenly begin kicking wildly at the ball in all directions. I also find it difficult to swallow that Arsenal/possession type soccer is the only way in life to go.

brace
brace
Winning with class with 1 goal on a long ball is better than losing with 0 goals and 79.5 minutes of possession.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
World Cup
World Cup
Keith, don't underestimate CRAP MEN and the coaches it stands for!!!

World Cup
World Cup
http://www.talkfootball.co.uk/guides/football_tactics.html

Wuh, what? Someone actually called long ball genuine???

C
Goal
Goal
C
Playing quick and direct balls to forwards feet or to space in behind the defensive line can be a very effective attacking style. Say for example you are lined up in a 4-3-3 formation, and the opposing team is lined up in a 3-5-2, odviously they have numbers up in the midfield. I would instruct my defensive players as an attacking strategy to play longer balls, bypassing the midfield to the forwards were I have a greater chance of success. Now depending on how the defense is playing the forwards would dictate If we play to feet or to space in behind the defense for the forwards to run on to.

Last edited by Cantona; 04/14/08 06:23 PM.
World Cup
World Cup
If that's not North/South Instruction, I don't know what is!!!

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
I do not think anyone would doubt the beauty of playing a passing game. However, tactically speaking, when the MF cannot keep pace and control the ball, then sometimes bypassing the MF is a great strategy. Put better skilled ball handlers that have great judgment in the back (change from 4-4-2 to a 4-3-3) and play-it up. Just like the other football (which I coached under now Dr. Maddox), every system in football works. It just depends on talent level as to which one you can get good at! I now post that Dale wins the dissagrement by common sense!

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard