Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Hanna 3 Wren 1

Wren jumped on us early and that does not suprise me. I almost posted earlier on the other thread about under-rated teams supporting Wren, but I thought it would come off as pandering to the team I was about to play. Wren is tough and their results bear that out. They beat a great Mann team and lost close matches to us and Dorman and that megastud school Parkview from Georgia.

Here is a link to the article to appear tomorrow in the Anderson Independent recapping the game:

http://www.independentmail.com/news/2008/apr/09/crafts-corner-kicks-lead-tl-hanna-over-wren/

I am proud of our girls for an important win over a solid team tonight!

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Alright, Mavsupporter...we are waiting!

C
Coach
Online Content
Coach
C
At Summerville:

S'ville 5
Berkeley 0

Berkeley started out a little tentative; something about Summerville's stadium seems to bleed the life out of us. Score was 3-0 at half. A halftime refocusing changed the pace of the game a bit; a bounce off the keeper back to a S'ville attacker and an own-goal were the two scores of the second half. Both teams played hard through the final whistle. Officials were kept busy keeping a rein on an increasingly physical game; two yellows on S'ville players rounded out the night.

A loss on the board, but proud of my girls for digging to the end and letting a very talented Summerville team know they were there.

I've got good news and bad news...
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
I would also like to hear from the Greenwood/Sparkle City game...

brace
brace
Wade Hampton vs. Union County on Monday 4/7?

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
C
goal kick
goal kick
C
Spartanburg 1
Greenwood 0 @GWood

brace
brace
As per other thread. . .sure. . .it's fair for A and AA to compete with BE. . .

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
throw in
throw in

OK CJ here it is:

Mauldin 1

Byrnes 0 in overtime

Maudlin scored in the 1st overtime and held on to win.

"Play every game with your whole heart as you never know if it is your last game"
goal kick
goal kick
BE over Wando?? Does anyone have any details? Has BE improved over the course of the season? I know that some teams "peak" earlier than others..

bench
bench
I was present at the Wando Vs. BE game. Wando dominated the whole game including 5 min overtimes. Wando for some reason could not put it in the net.Wando had 19 shots on goal to BE's 4. Wando's goal was by Sally Hyland during the first half, and BE's by Katie Runey during the second. BE's goal was a nicely placed upper 90 shot that no goalkeeper had a chance for. Then it came down to PK's Jade Davis was in goal for Wando a junior that lead Wando to their state championship last year. First PK for BE was perfectly placed in the left corner. Wando's kicker senior Boo Hall shot over the crossbar. BE's second kick was placed in the right corner Jade Davis coming up with the save.Then a Wando player (her name is escaping me) hit the right post. Then BE's kicker hit it wide left. Wando's kicker hit the left post.Then Jade Davis came up with another great save against the BE kicker. Then it was Olivia Urigs chance (4A Player of the year -2007) she sent one flying by BE's keeper. Then it was tied up. BE's kicker put a very nice shot right corner just by Wando's Jade Davis. Sandi Hudson stepped up and hit one wide left. So BE won in PK's. They deserved to win the PK portion of the game. My hat goes off to Jade Davis who made three saves in PK's. No way is this is going to affect Wando they are still looking ahead at another state championship. Wando is now 13-0-1.
But Congrats to BE and good luck for both of the teams in the future!

Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard