Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
goal
goal
No ??? the topic DOES NOT imply teams that actually have a chance at winning state. If you would read the original poster's post, he stated which teams play well and put up decent fights against the higher caliber teams.

Airport doesn't have a chance, you are right but they have played well against some pretty good teams.

bench
bench
Actually anybody has a chance once playoffs comes because its what teams comes out to play and finished strong. Its not how you start its how you finish. Airport plays well to the talent of their competition. Other then not showing up against Norman North in the pc and whatever happened at ST they have had decent showing and has not gotten blown out by a team from SC. SV 3-0 in Pc which the last two goals were score in the late in the second half like with less than 10 minutes. Chapin and CN3-1 Emarld 0-0 RNE 0-0 Lost in pks WK 2-1 ST 2-2 lost in pk BC 2-1 double overtime. Look at the scores all close.

goal
goal
I don't believe anybody has a chance once playoffs come. Sure you may get the occasional first round upset but having to beat quality teams game after game can be difficult. Airport is a good team that plays with a lot of heart but do you, realistically, think they have a shot at the state championship?

A
kick off
kick off
A
Nah I dont believe anybody was nominating them for the state championship, just stating that people don't acknowledge how good they are and they pay the price. I believe this discussion is trying to bring up the teams that should get more respect than they receive.

B
kick off
kick off
B
I agree with henry, but honestly Airport has lost to BC, White Knoll and tied RNE. They are decent but not close to under-rated. My vote would go to Dreher. They have stayed with most of the high caliber competition they have played, with the exception of Irmo(5-2).

el tiempo esta arriba
W
kick off
kick off
W
Quote:

Am i wrong, or is it Rooney?

yes its rooney.. but spelled wrong.. sorry lol

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
Its funny to me that two of the teams mentioned were/is coached by Hornsby. One team has played club for most of their lives, and the other is just now starting to play club in 10th and 11th grade.

Not trying to say anything bad about Coach Hornsby, but it seemed that Semi-pro football, tennis, softball, PMS football, having kids play in the ADULT LEAGUE!!!! got in the way of one of the teams improvement.

And no, I'm not bitter.

R
bench
bench
R
i would still have to say summerville has the olny chance in the lower state if they are able to learn how to finish they will have a pretty good shot at winning it all

goal kick
goal kick
The way spring valley is playing right now I don't think anyone has a chance at winning lower state.

i wanna stay inside
C
bench
bench
C
Quote:

i would still have to say summerville has the olny chance in the lower state if they are able to learn how to finish they will have a pretty good shot at winning it all

ramrod- what about wando for lowerstate?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard