Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#99199 04/08/08 11:57 AM
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
Good subject on guys side. Who do you think are some of the most under-rated teams?

'A ten-foot keeper really should have stopped that' -Ron Atkinson
D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Spring Valley

L
Goal
Goal
L
i agree with svhs being a sleeper team and they do have enough talent to make a strong run. they would be even be stronger if the schsl would have allowed k tryon to play.

imo, very bad call by the schsl not to let her play. seems the schsl should look in to other ways to oversee soccer and other related sports that function differently from football.

Goal
Goal
Why can she not play? What was the violation?

Victory Starts Here!
World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Good subject on guys side. Who do you think are some of the most under-rated teams?

Isn't there a Florence team you'd like to mention

I think they are deserving in this thread!

L
Goal
Goal
L
Quote:

Why can she not play? What was the violation?

there was no violation and i don't know all the facts. she spent a year in europe attending high school (no hs soccer) but the schl has a rule related (not sure exactly) to 4 years of consecutive/uninterrupted eligibility. the schsl doesn’t care much about cultural development opportunities for students, only football.

F
goal
goal
F
Spring Valley is ranked in the top 10, should move up after this week, and is ranked #1 in all classifications (Don't really understand that). Great team, but hard to call them under-rated.

Perhaps 4-4 Summerville (All losses to teams ranked in Top 4 in state - Wando, JL Mann, Airport, Lexington), they are probably the strongest non-ranked team in the state.

C
Coach
Coach
C
The rule is that a student gets 8 consecutive semesters of eligibility, beginning with the first day he/she begins 9th grade, regardless of whether they play a sport or not. Time spent out of the country is still considered part of those semesters of eligibility.

I know nothing about the facts of the case, but IF her graduation was delayed beyond the 4-year mark, she would be ineligible for any semesters past the original mark.

Never said it was fair.

I've got good news and bad news...
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

The rule is that a student gets 8 consecutive semesters of eligibility, beginning with the first day he/she begins 9th grade, regardless of whether they play a sport or not. Time spent out of the country is still considered part of those semesters of eligibility.

I know nothing about the facts of the case, but IF her graduation was delayed beyond the 4-year mark, she would be ineligible for any semesters past the original mark.

Never said it was fair.

The player in question already had played 4 years of soccer. The school and parents appealed but were turned down! ...and the team really misses her.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Isn't her father the same guy that demanded the "rules" be inforced when CESA tried an "alliance" with a Columbia club.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard