Next Thread
Print Thread
-
- Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
-
Lexington and Wando lose in the same week by the same score in the same exact way? Are you kidding me?

Heres what I heard about Lexington and Spring Valley. Lexington goes up by 1 & then Spring Valley comes back and scores and then Lexington doesnt get a SINGLE penalty kcik on frame! Isnt that what happened to Wando?

Anyone hurt from Wando? Also heard that Lexingtons best was hurt and has been hurt a while and couldnt play whole game and wasnt in at the end and is out rest of season because she's hurt and college coaches asked her to not risk any more getting hurt or they'd take away scholarship.

Don't see how Lexington is gonna make it to the finals again.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
I did not see the Spring Valley game, but I can tell you that Jamie Shaw's goaltending reputation really gets into opposing player's heads, even on penalty kicks.

I have talked to kids that have played against her and they said that they were so worried about her stopping a PK that they actually changed what they did to try and adjust.

Sometimes the kids get so worried about making changes that they can't even get the ball on net. I have seen it happen against her a bunch of times.

N
corner kick
corner kick
N
Quote:

I did not see the Spring Valley game, but I can tell you that Jamie Shaw's goaltending reputation really gets into opposing player's heads, even on penalty kicks.

I have talked to kids that have played against her and they said that they were so worried about her stopping a PK that they actually changed what they did to try and adjust.

Sometimes the kids get so worried about making changes that they can't even get the ball on net. I have seen it happen against her a bunch of times.

That's why goalkeepers are taught that a penalty-kick is really a no-lose situation. The keeper is not expected to make the save, so the pressure is on the shooter.

S
coach
coach
S
The amount of misinformation in the initial post is incredible...

Here's the bottom line. Spring Valley won the game. This was just like Lexington versus Dorman loss in the regular season last year; people tend to focus on who was hurt instead of focusing on the end result. It doesn't matter who was hurt; all teams have players who are hurt and can't play games at some time or the other. (As an aside: to the best of my knowledge, no Lexington player has ended her season. Also, to the best of my knowledge, USC has been incredibly supportive regarding club and high school play...somehow they keep taking the blame for players leaving Lexington early or forcing kids out when I've seen nothing of that. I can't imagine the Smith's ever doing anything like that.)

Is it surprising Lexington lost? It's certainly disappointing; but I'm not sure it's surprising. Lexington has one of the most difficult schedules in the state -- on purpose. This isn't a team which has 18 returning players -- it's a team that has to learn how to play consistently and well. The coach created a schedule that wasn't designed to produce a great record -- instead, it's designed to get a group of players ready for the playoffs. I haven't seen Spring Valley play, but their ranking and performance to date certainly shows that they are a very, very good team.

I can't remember the last time that Lexington went to PKs -- so if they missed them all, then it probably speaks to a lack of experience than anything "psychic." But who knows...

Here's Coach P's strength of schedule calculation from another thread.

Rank – Team - # top 15 games – average rank of top 15 opponents
1 - Wando - 6 - 9.17
2 - Lexington - 11 - 7.50
3 - Dorman – 10 - 8.70
4 - Byrnes - 9 - 7.67
5 - Spring Valley - 5 - 5.00
6 - Dutch Fork - 10 - 7.10
7 - T.L. Hanna - 4 - 5.50
8 - Fort Mill 4 - 11.50
9 - South Aiken - 7 - 7.00
10 - Irmo – 11- 6.20
11 - Spartanburg - 8 - 5.88