Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Soccer16 #99904 04/30/08 10:14 AM
World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

I was curious as to how the stats match up in 3A this year? Still don't know the answer to that question ...

In order to view the 2008 Individual Statistics you must be a subscriber to SCSoccer.com.

The quote above got me thinking, perhaps somewhat erroneously at 5:45 a.m., but I'm going to get on my soapbox here and spew for a few minutes. This is totally unsolicited from Kyle (and he may even delete/edit my post), but I get taken aback at times when folks feel cavalier at the information that is supplied here, like it is some divine right.

For what it is worth, the $15 subscription is fairly inexpensive considering all of the free content and Message Board that SCSoccer.com offers. In fact, I believe every soccer program in the state that simply uses the Scoreboard portion ought to see fit to buy a yearly subscription. Where else can/could you find your running record, region record, opponents record, rankings, etc.? Heck, the Scoreboard is more up to date, than most individual HS sites that only pertain to that one team or program.

I have often argued with Kyle vehemently about making the entire site -- everything -- available only to subscribers, but he's been adamant in keeping it open in order to better promote the sport.

However, it's not cheap running this site for him, and he doesn't get paid. $15 from everyone that posts, checks scores, etc., would be a small token of appreciation for his often late, late nights; early, early mornings; and constant weekends and time spent on days off working on this site to provide our sport with a vehicle that no other in prep sports in our state has. (Sidenote: Kyle does have a "real job").

I personally feel that SCSoccer.com has done as much in the last 10 years (not even going to get into Kickin' Around - which preceded the internet version) to promote high school soccer as anything else in our state. It is a model that has been attempted to be used by other prep sports, but they've all failed. Other states have tried to implement the same soccer aspect, but the sheer time and effort required often loses its' steam after a season or so. We are fortunate to have such a forum.

Soccer16 #99905 04/30/08 12:26 PM
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Quote:

He is from Columbia AC Flora. 2 assists vs Blythewood in the second game; Penalty kick after being taken down in the box vs Dreher; The other games were scoreless on our side. He has been man marked in every game this year including Chapin, BC, Dreher and Blythewood. I was curious as to how the stats match up in 3A this year? Still don't know the answer to that question but I would bet there is not another Freshmen in 3A with better stats. Yes, Ricky is a Freshman in 4A and also has a team.

Wow !! I bet the other kids from AC Flora and their parents are glad to know they aren't really part of the "team". Hope this freshman can play good defense and keeper too!!!

Soccer16 #99906 04/30/08 01:01 PM
goal
goal
Quote:

He is from Columbia AC Flora. 2 assists vs Blythewood in the second game; Penalty kick after being taken down in the box vs Dreher; The other games were scoreless on our side. He has been man marked in every game this year including Chapin, BC, Dreher and Blythewood. I was curious as to how the stats match up in 3A this year? Still don't know the answer to that question but I would bet there is not another Freshmen in 3A with better stats. Yes, Ricky is a Freshman in 4A and also has a team.

Can you say "throwing your team under the bus"? Are you a parent? If so, that's a terrible example to be setting for your child. Do goals against Chester and Eau Claire really count?

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
Always Right #99907 04/30/08 01:22 PM
S
goal
goal
S
Whatever? What I meant by that comment was Ricky plays with the #1 player in the State on a ranked team.

Soccer16 #99908 04/30/08 01:48 PM
throw in
throw in
Stats for Palmetto Mustangs include 4 players who have over 20 points. This is in 18 games with a record of 14-3-1.

Francisco Ignacio - 32 Goals and 8 Assists
Drew Mahaffey - 19 Goals and 11 Assists
Humberto Nino - 8 Goals and 11 Assists
Micah Roberts - 7 Goals and 9 Assists

The Goalie also qualifies for recognition:
Clay Whiten - 1.37 Goal Against Average and 5 shutouts.

CONGRATULATIONS!

MUSTANGS are a Proud Breed! 2008 - This Is Our Year
Soccer16 #99909 04/30/08 02:04 PM
throw in
throw in
soccer16, i thought you learnt your lesson the hard way a couple years ago. check out this link for some entertaining posts.

http://www.scsoccer.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=60982&an=0&page=50#Post60982
(15 posts down from the top)

if that doesnt work here are a few of the posts:

Soccer 16: "I guess noone noticed the forward for NECSA U13 last fall. He finished 2nd or 3rd in league scoring on a mediocre team . Whereas the other top scorers were all on top teams with much better winning percentages. Keep a look out for him this season!"

Soccer 16: "His name is xxxx. He is big, fast, shoots with either foot and has good vision and feel for the game. He is playing '92 ODP this year and JV for AC Flora as a 7th grader. His assists would have been much higher in the fall if anyone else could put the ball in the back of the net. if anyone else could put the ball in the back of the net The team lost one player from the the addition of this kid compensates for any of those loses fall which should not affect them much. They did lose a couple of players from last years team but the addition of this kid compensates for any of those loses."

RZA: "Hey Gizza get a load this dad "pimpin" his son out.

Well peep this, You just blasted your sons team on a public FORUM! That's going to make for an interestin season big guy."

Is he on the team or in the pool for the 92's? Who coaches that age group?

And up from the 36 Chambers"

GZA: "APB is out on the little notty-headed forward from NECSA. CESA/CRSA is comin for u.

Kickman - your kid is next - left-foot lovin clown."

like they say, "old habits die hard"

Soccer16 #99910 04/30/08 03:19 PM
throw in
throw in
Quote:

You must be talking about the foward for Flora I believe is name is cameron sorry if i spelt it wrong but he is a quality player he makes plays to put his team in contention to win.

Blythewood High School Boys Soccer
C
bench
bench
C
Jared Smith, Cheraw Braves, 20 goals - 11 assist

Coach Daddy #99912 04/30/08 08:21 PM
S
goal
goal
S
Wow! Glad to see you guys are paying attention. Have any of you seen him play?

Soccer16 #99913 05/01/08 02:09 AM
throw in
throw in
i had to mark on him the game we beat Flora 4-0 he is very active and he seems like more of an assist kind of guy than a goal guy. The second game i played up at forward i didnt really get to see him that much.

Blythewood High School Boys Soccer
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard